Bye bye JCM hello Vetta II Combo!

Markymarc1979

• Replies 74
  • Created
  • Last Reply
  • Members

Hey, it's not that bad a deal. A JCM800 does ONE thing really great. The Vetta does about twenty things pretty good. If for no other reason than not having to lug around a pedal board.

Over the years I've owned Marshall, Mesa, Orange, Vox, Fender, you name it. These days, if it sounds good and it's not to much of a hassle to deal with, it works for me. I'm out of the closet as a Line6 owner. :thu:

• Members

Originally posted by 59refin

Hey, it's not
that
bad a deal. A JCM800 does ONE thing really great. The Vetta does about twenty things pretty good. If for no other reason than not having to lug around a pedal board.

Over the years I've owned Marshall, Mesa, Orange, Vox, Fender, you name it. These days, if it sounds good and it's not to much of a hassle to deal with, it works for me. I'm out of the closet as a Line6 owner.
:thu:

don't mind us, we're just tube snobs and marshall fanatics.

:p

• Members

Hey, it's not
that
bad a deal. A JCM800 does ONE thing really great. The Vetta does about twenty things pretty good. If for no other reason than not having to lug around a pedal board.

Over the years I've owned Marshall, Mesa, Orange, Vox, Fender, you name it. These days, if it sounds good and it's not to much of a hassle to deal with, it works for me. I'm out of the closet as a Line6 owner.

True. Its just that the 800 is a "classic" Marshall and the prices are climbing fast. I suspect they will get MUCH higher in the next few years. You can easily get a Line 6 however a nice 800 will get harder to find.

• Members

Hey, it's not
that

You know after having the chance to play with the vetta for a while I've come to the conclusion that it is probably the "best" amp on the market.

Not only does it nail a million sounds, they sound good! (if you take time to learn the amp/have a good ear) The vetta definitely has "tube tone" there is no doubt about it.. it just depends if your willing to sit down and learn it.

I mean seriously you really can't distinguish in tone anymore and the feel... well if one learns how to tweak the amp their will be no complaints.

IMHO

• Members

Just make sure you chime in on the Line 6 forums as well as the www.instituteofnoise.com forum. As the main draw back is that there is a huge learning curve from using the traditional amp. You can download tones that users have made that are great starting points. Hope you have a computer system you can use line 6 edit, gearbox etc to get all your sounds. I've been using a pod xtLive with a Traynor keyboard amp and have to say I'm lovin the sound I have. But I am awaiting a Vetta 3 or whatever comes next. I'm hooked...

Later

Brian

• Members

Originally posted by Hardtailed

Someone just made a hell of deal... and it's not you
:D

But who cares what I think, as long as you're happy!

I disagree... I would rather have a vetta than a JCM800. Besides investment purposes.. the vetta can just do more... and believe it or not the Vetta can sound just as good as a JCM IMHO.

Archived