Moog Voyager XL

goldphinga

• Members

HOLYCRAPHOLYCRAPHOLYCRAPHOLYCRAPHOLYCRAPHOLYCRAPHOLYCRAPHOLYCRAPHOLYCRAPHOLYCRAPHOLYCRAPHOLYCRAPHOLYCRAPHOLYCRAPHOLYCRAPHOLYCRAPHOLYCRAPHOLYCRAPHOLYCRAPHOLYCRAPHOLYCRAPHOLYCRAPHOLYCRAPHOLYCRAPHOLYCRAPHOLYCRAPHOLYCRAPHOLYCRAPHOLYCRAPHOLYCRAP

If that's really a poly, I'm selling damn near all my synths for it.

Actually, I was going to sell a butt ton of them anyhow, but now I have a real reason to.

I don't know...I'm dubious. Not that it's real, but that its a poly. It's probably not a poly. But that would f-ing rule.

I hope its a poly.

I feel like a little girl!

• Replies 123
  • Created
  • Last Reply
  • Members
You didnt scroll down did ya...

'An expanded Minimoog Voyager expands your mind...http://bit.ly/aO1VO8'

moogmusicinc,tue31 17:05 via web

When I clicked on that link it went to some Youtube video of a Minimoog Voyager connected with a modular... :idk:

It's possible the message was there but pulled... :idk:

• Members

seeing as how the modern moog's synth line has basically been releasing different versions of the same thing, this seems perfectly logical. at the core it's probably the exact same minimoog voyager board but packaged together with the expansions, a ribbon and a few more octaves on the keyboard.

that said, i'd dump my voyager old school (dual lowpass edition) in a heartbeat for the upgrade.

• Members
You saw what happened with the Old School edition -- there weren't enough customers to support continued production of that model even though it was more affordable than the standard Voyager.

:freak:

The OS was intentionally a limited edition from the start. They knew there was a very narrow market for it. I'm willing to bet the same will hold true for the XL.

• Members

Yeah, so it ain't a poly.

I feel kind of stupid.

But I have a theory: I think there's a marketing guy at Moog, who says, "in order to be relevant, Moog has to release some new product every year or so." Chances are if a poly is in development, its a year or so off, so they have to release something in the meantime, so they make a hundred of the Voyager XLs, just to keep general Moog buzz going.

So I think the Voyager XL is a stop gap product release... while we wait for the poly,

Archived