OT: Why does HCAF hate scientists?

JBecker

• Members
Originally posted by Pigsinzen

Ah just more ad-hominems.

If you fellah were to actually go into a intellectually based forums with your brand of debate, you'd get banned or laughed out of it.

It's just horrible.

And I am not attempting to be condescending, I am attempting to maybe steer you in a different direction.

You'd get more respect and credibility that way.
:)

Deep debate? What is the deep debate? All I am doing is telling you that you are a shallow person for dissing Atheist because of the band name.

And that it reeks of intollerance and double standards. Pretty simple really.

And how much respect and cred do you think you have here? Deep debate..lol. You know this is an amp forum right?

How about this? You post a link to a forum where you are getting respect and credibility.

But you won't. Because your "projecting" "Straw man" "Ad homo" arguments are really just name calling at the end of the day.

• Replies 369
  • Created
  • Last Reply
  • Members

Ah just more ad-hominems.

:rolleyes: :rolleyes: :rolleyes:

Where? Quote them verbatim. And then PLEASE explain how in the world the examples you quote even remotely resemble the definition of "ad hominem" attacks.

I'm waiting....

:rolleyes:

If you fellah were to actually go into a intellectually based forums with your brand of debate, you'd get banned or laughed out of it.

Did you ever crack open that psych 101 textbook I told you to use to look up "projection"? If not, immediately after you make a comment like this would be a damn fine time to do so! :idea:

It's just horrible.

True dat.

And I am not attempting to be condescending,

Nope, you're succeeding! :thu:

I am attempting to maybe steer you in a different direction.

You should learn to avoid split infinitives and steer your own personal self towards sound critical thinking before even *considering* attempting to steer anyone else out of a parking lot, much less into valid argumentation.

You'd get more respect and credibility that way.
:)

From you? Or from people who are actually familiar with critical debate?

• Members
Originally posted by thefyn

Deep debate? What is the deep debate? All I am doing is telling you that you are a shallow person for dissing Atheist because of the band name.

And that it reeks of intollerance and double standards. Pretty simple really.

And how much respect and cred do you think you have here? Deep debate..lol. You know this is an amp forum right?

How about this? You post a link to a forum where you are getting respect and credibility.

But you won't. Because your "projecting" "Straw man" "Ad homo" arguments are really just name calling at the end of the day.

Thefyn, I like your sig. Cool variation on the old saying. My favorite version is this:

"Build a man a fire and he'll be warm for a night. But light a man on fire and he'll be warm for the rest of his life."

:p

• Members
Originally posted by thefyn

And no one is denying you are telling me this.

Hell you are doing so in three different threads.

You are a fanboy.

For example

Originally posted by Deicide1

Didn't read this thread, but I looked up a few posts and figured I would let everyone know; TheFyn is completely insane.

:wave:

• Members
Originally posted by -=MYK=-

"OT: Why does HCAF hate
_______
?"

This shall be the new posting template.

And draelyc will have the most posts in said thread. And his posts will consist of taking things out of context, ad-hominems, and intellectual dishonesty.

In other words, just a carbon copy of this thread. ;)

• Members

And no one is denying you are telling me this.

Hell you are doing so in three different threads.

You are a fanboy.

For example

:wave:

Remember I called Deicide a liar? The truth is, he promised me to swap my emg 81 for a JB and he needed me to send it asap.

I sent it next day by 3 day post. He then went back on his promise. And didn

• Members

And draelyc will have the most posts in said thread. And his posts will consist of taking things out of context, ad-hominems, and intellectual dishonesty.

In other words, just a carbon copy of this thread.
;)

I'm still waiting for you to produce actual examples of my having done ANY of the things you accuse me of over and over again.

Simply repeating a lie doesn't make that lie "true."

I wouldn't have to post so much if people -- and you know who you are -- wouldn't put up all manner ridiculous and glaringly inaccurate claims. :idea:

So, have you got *any* evidence to support your accusations?

Or are you just pouting, at my expense?

• Members
Originally posted by AtarisPunk29

It seems like every other thread I open (and this is somewhat my fault for reading through some of the political drivel) I read about how scientists are these unreliable, political, and generally unintelligent members of society.

As a young man currently pursuing his science degree (and soon enough, his PhD), I am wondering where all the hostility comes from?

It's not unique to HCAF or even this time period, it seems like scientists are generally regarded with a hint of disdain and a lack of trust throughout history, locations, etc.

What gives?

science is dogma anymore....most scientists (not all), by and large, come to the 'scientific table' with preconceptions and biased expectations...they gather a few snippets and run to the bank with a 'significant find' ...usually in order to sustain a job government funding or selfish motives like personal significance etc...most of my friends are 'honest' scientists and agree whole heartedly with this statement...the so-called 'scientists' on this forum are hack/twerp/punks without a clue...they come here and brag about what big shots they are...really they are a janitor in some biological or pharmaceutical lab sweeping floors and running science smack...:D

• Members
Originally posted by Echoes

science is dogma anymore

No.

That's the opposite of science, as has already been graphically pointed out to you about eleventy-billion times, so drop it, 'k? Thnx! :wave:

...most scientists (not all), by and large, come to the 'scientific table' with preconceptions and biased expectations

Can you produce a single shred of respectable evidence that even remotely corroborates this claim?

Or are you just making that up?

...they gather a few snippets and run to the bank with a 'significant find'

'Cuz everybody knows that scientists are only in it for the huge bucks and the glamorous lifestyle. :rolleyes:

...usually in order to sustain a job government funding or selfish motives like personal significance etc

The gross stereotyping and GLARING bigotry of your statements is staggering! :o Take out "scientists" and insert "Christians," and then ask yourself how you feel when people make such assinine and UNFOUNDED statements about a group you identify with. :idea:

...most of my friends are 'honest' scientists

My God, your LUCK must be ASTOUNDINGLY good, to have not only met, but befriended, **any** honest scientists at all, given that there are so few of them at all, drowned out as they are by the churning masses of selfish, greedy, lying bastard-scientists who -- in YOUR MIND -- dominate the field. :eek:

and agree whole heartedly with this statement

Their alleged "agreement" (heck, even their alleged EXISTENCE) doesn't make *anything* you said actually TRUE!

All it does is reveal your "scientist" friends to be as bigoted as you are.

...the so-called 'scientists' on this forum are hack/twerp/punks without a clue.

I, um, don't suppose you could be bothered to present even a single shred of evidence to support this galactically ludicrous claim, either, eh? Didn't think so.

..they come here and brag about what big shots they are..

Who has done that? Name names, and post links to examples.

Your only other option is to shut up. :wave:

.really they are a janitor in some biological or pharmaceutical lab sweeping floors and running science smack...
:D

Let's see the proof of that, as well. Who, exactly, are you talking about? Who on here has claimed to be a "big shot" scientist, and in reality is sweeping floors in a lab?

If you've got the info, share it. Otherwise, please, PLEASE give your bigoted fantasies a rest! :freak:

• Members

science is dogma anymore....most scientists (not all), by and large, come to the 'scientific table' with preconceptions and biased expectations...they gather a few snippets and run to the bank with a 'significant find' ...usually in order to sustain a job government funding or selfish motives like personal significance etc...most of my friends are 'honest' scientists and agree whole heartedly with this statement...the so-called 'scientists' on this forum are hack/twerp/punks without a clue...they come here and brag about what big shots they are...really they are a janitor in some biological or pharmaceutical lab sweeping floors and running science smack...
:D

I'm sure "most" scientists earn big bucks with "biased expectations" and "government funding". Your "honest scientist" friends probably chose the wrong career if they agree with your "statement".

• Members
Originally posted by Nutter

I'm sure "most" scientists earn big bucks with "biased expectations" and "government funding". Your "honest scientist" friends probably chose the wrong career if they agree with your "statement".

they are the ones that tell me story after story after story of what a major joke 'science' has become in our society...get back to sweeping floors...

• Members

they are the ones that tell me story after story after story of what a major joke 'science' has become in our society...get back to sweeping floors...

Oh you mean the ones who failed to get a single publication in the Journal of Retards? They obviously weren't meant to be floor sweepers.

• Members

Why does HCAF hate christians?

Why does HCAF hate drealyc?

Why does HCAF hate amps?

Why does HCAF hate xenophobes?

Why does HCAF hate AIDS?

Why does HCAF hate aborted babies?

Why does HCAF hate Bush?

Why does HCAf hate liberals?

Why does HCAF hate HCAF?

Why does HCAF hate "Why does HCAF hate" threads?

• Members

this place still stinks...

here's the low end of the pecking order: (descending...)

Used Car Salesman

Attorney (any)

Pedophile

Politician (any)

Priest

Liberal

Scientist

Serial Killer

Um, apparently Echoes is -- again -- cowering behind the ignore feature.

So here's a recap of my latest "conversation" with him .... Perhaps someone would be good enough to quote me, so he can read it for himself? Thanks! :thu:

science is dogma anymore

Originally posted by draelyc

No.

That's the opposite of science, as has already been graphically pointed out to you about eleventy-billion times, so drop it, 'k? Thnx! :wave:

....most scientists (not all), by and large, come to the 'scientific table' with preconceptions and biased expectations

Can you produce a single shred of respectable evidence that even remotely corroborates this claim?

Or are you just making that up?

...they gather a few snippets and run to the bank with a 'significant find'

'Cuz everybody knows that scientists are only in it for the huge bucks and the glamorous lifestyle. :rolleyes:

...usually in order to sustain a job government funding or selfish motives like personal significance etc

The gross stereotyping and GLARING bigotry of your statements is staggering! :o Take out "scientists" and insert "Christians," and then ask yourself how you feel when people make such assinine and UNFOUNDED statements about a group you identify with. :idea:

...most of my friends are 'honest' scientists

My God, your LUCK must be ASTOUNDINGLY good, to have not only met, but befriended, **any** honest scientists at all, given that there are so few of them at all, drowned out as they are by the churning masses of selfish, greedy, lying bastard-scientists who -- in YOUR MIND -- dominate the field. :eek:

and agree whole heartedly with this statement

Their alleged "agreement" (heck, even their alleged EXISTENCE) doesn't make *anything* you said actually TRUE!

All it does is reveal your "scientist" friends to be as bigoted as you are.

...the so-called 'scientists' on this forum are hack/twerp/punks without a clue

I, um, don't suppose you could be bothered to present even a single shred of evidence to support this galactically ludicrous claim, either, eh? Didn't think so.

...they come here and brag about what big shots they are

Who has done that? Name names, and post links to examples.

Your only other option is to shut up. :wave:

...really they are a janitor in some biological or pharmaceutical lab sweeping floors and running science smack...:D

Let's see the proof of that, as well. Who, exactly, are you talking about? Who on here has claimed to be a "big shot" scientist, and in reality is sweeping floors in a lab?

If you've got the info, share it. Otherwise, please, PLEASE give your bigoted fantasies a rest! :freak:

• Members

It's their alleged field and their alleged profession, yet they are the ones allegedly telling you it's a "joke" -- that doesn't say much for them, if A) they feel their profession is a joke, and B) they choose to continue to work in that profession.

Somebody seems to have screwed up in the Life Choices department...

Archived