Don't you just love a great band practice??

FWAxeIbanez

• Members

God Damn, it's good to have a great practice once in a while. We have decided to write a completely new set, and not show any of it off untill we finish it, so that way the stuff we just recorded gets some push and doesn't get knocked out of the set.

Anyway, the new stuff we are doing really feels like the best we've ever done. It was really productive, and when practice was over we all really felt like we got something done.

Why can't practices like that happen more often? Any of you guys have practices like that lately?

:idea:

• Members

{censored} yes. Just the other day, Tuesday I believe.

We just picked up a new bass player, and the sound is nice and crisp now.
We're doing the same thing as your band, writing a whole new set and greasin' up the wheels before we tour on it.

It's going to be good, I love what we're doing now.

:thu:

• Members
Originally posted by TomVanDeven

{censored} yes. Just the other day, Tuesday I believe.

We just picked up a new bass player, and the sound is nice and crisp now.

We're doing the same thing as your band, writing a whole new set and greasin' up the wheels before we tour on it.

It's going to be good, I love what we're doing now.

:thu:

Ironic considering we don't have a bassist. We are in the middle of figuring out if our old bassist is staying or a new one is coming in. We all have mixed feelings about it, so the last kind of practices have been pretty stressful. And then this one comes and blows our doors off. I love how we are evolving. So far the song is friggen brutal in our own spastic noisy way :love:

• Members
Originally posted by ulank

Yep. Sure wish we had one tonite!
:freak::mad:

We were all like "man, I played like {censored}."

There's always tomorrow! ...and the comforting notion of having no audience.
:o

hahaha, like you took a giant step backward in progress, haha

dude, sad to say I know all about that :thu:

• Members

I don't practice wit hmy band to much. We're just recording our asses off lately. When we practice, we usually write 1 or 2 songs per rehearsal. Most of them are trash, but we get a few keepers. But leatley it's just been, show up at the studio, vut the tracks, and go home.

• Members

Hell yeah.

My old band split recently - we weren't writing songs, people were losing interest.

So me and the drummer have started a new band - we got a couple of friend's of ours in - a guitarist from another band to play bass who is amazing (seriously - like the guy from Maiden), and another guy whose family have an ice cream factory. He's a total italian stallion guy - always got chicks, really good stage presence and stuff - perfect frontman material (he can sing too)

So we've slowly been stringing a set together. At last practise we'd written 6 songs - just need one more and we can book a couple of gigs and get out there.

The band is heavy rock - lots of riffs and that. Feels so good to be playing it after playing out of style in an indie band for so long.

• Members

6 songs at one practice ??? What do you play ? punkrock ?
i'm glad already if we write one cool riff at a practice and not forget it by the next time we rehearse.

But i love it when we puzzle around with some riffs and get a new song toghethe. But it takes a while, at least a few mont's for one song.

• Members

Yeah, having a great practice is a fantastic feeling. I'm new to being in a band (at the tender age of 39 :freak: ) and I'm finding the whole "band dynamic" thing really fascinating. We've got a great situation going - four guys, three older like myself, younger drummer (25 I think), all very easy-going with zero ego problems. In general our practices are good and I pretty much always feel like we made some sort of progress. Every once in a while though we'll have a night where we all just seem to be firing on all cylinders and after every song I'll think to myself "holy {censored}e that rocked!"

Then of course there are other nights where I say to myself "holy crap I hope I never play like that in front of an audience!" I find about 1 in 4 practices seem to hit the positive end of the spectrum, and a similar 1 in 4 the negative end. The remaining nights are just average.

• Members

Originally posted by pol

6 songs at one practice ??? What do you play ? punkrock ?

i'm glad already if we write one cool riff at a practice and not forget it by the next time we rehearse.

But i love it when we puzzle around with some riffs and get a new song toghethe. But it takes a while, at least a few mont's for one song.

That always used to make me laugh when my friend would come home from his practice. Hed always say, {censored}ing great practice, we wrote 3 songs tonight, and id always be wondering how good they could possibly be. I mean, even at my most creative, i cant write 3 complete songs in a few hours that id be proud of

James

Archived