Cab war: Orange vs Framus Dragon

-DOOM-

• Members

Hey people -

Looking to get either 1 of these cabs in a 4x12 to be used for detuned slower metal. Will be running a marshall 8100 and / or randall head.

Which one provides a fatter / better tone - there's about 1mm difference in ply thickness, though the orange looks sturdier. Must be able to handle chunky, bassy mutes and grind..

Please comment on the quads only as the head(s) are here to stay.....

Cheers peeps....

• Members
Originally posted by JoshuaLogan

both use vintage 30's, but the orange is built better and probably sounds a bit better too. this is like the 10th thread you've made on this subject. if you are still unsure, you should probably go test out the cabs yourself ot make sure you know what you want.

I've played the orange though the Framus is not available to me..

This is not the 10th post - I'm trying to narrow down available quad options mate...:mad:

A big thanks to others who have supplied their imput - cheers :thu:

• Members

Originally posted by JoshuaLogan

did you like the orange?

Hey mate - the orange was excellent.....a very full / thick tone + it can handle clear lowend very well. The only prob for me is that the heads I own are 4 & 8ohm out and, the orange is a 16ohm cab. Basically, I've been told a rewire of the cab can assist here though I'd like to avoid this if possible. Hence the interest in the Framus quad which is apparently, the next best available option...

Cheers

Archived