Ernie Ball casters for Marshall cab?

rog951

• Members

Looking for a set of casters for a Marshall 4x12 straight cab but I don't want to pay $20 a pop for OEM Marshall casters. Also, I don't want to drill any further holes in this cab if I can help it. These Ernie Balls (#6102) look like they might fit the existing holes but I'm not sure about the depth. Anyone tried them out before?

p668d.jpg

• Members

Originally posted by ROTINPAIN

I got them to replace my framus cobra casters when I had that cab. Not bad, but expect to get 20$ worth of casters. Personally the marhsall ones are much better.

Thanks! I don't expect to be taking this partcular cab out of the house much (if at all) so I don't think I care too much about the quality. Unless you think they'll have flat spots out of the box or something? I'm more concerned with whether or not they'll fit my Marshall cab with having to do any further woodworking...

• Members

They are great after market casters. Not quite as industrial strength as the casters on my Mesa cab, you might want to do a little comparison. The Mesas are flush mount and the Ernies, you need to drill a hole for the mounts if you go with the pop out version.

http://mesa.stores.yahoo.net/harac.html

I put a set on my '80s Carvin cab 'cuz it didn't come with any. They worked great and lasted a long time.

Best of all, twenty years later, when one broke, I bought another set and popped 'em in the same mounts. Good as new.

All in all, no complaints with the Ernie Ball here.

:thu:

Archived