Vintage Valve Amp Restoration Project: Park, Wem, Zoot Horn

Megadeth Man

• 1 month later...
  • Members

OH,HELLSYEAH!! :thu: Might be problematic finding a schematic for that bad-boy. If you can't, THE HISTORY OF MARSHALL (Mike Doyle's book) has a couple of schematics for Park 18 watters-hot-rod the bastard! If you're gonna go resto, I might have a lead on proper repro handles.

Either way, MORE PICS!

(P.S.-MAJOR good score on the GEC KT88s...check e-bay!:eek: )

• Members

Originally posted by Megadeth Man

:D

I've just taken pics of my mistreated amps. I'll put them up when I get some software installed.
:mad:

ahhh .... pshaw.....

just send it on over to me and i'll take tons of pics (after i restore it and play through it for about a month, that is :) ...........)

• Members

This bad girl is bigger and heavier than the pictures may lead you to suppose. A Whole Lotta Stacia?

Zoot01.jpg
Zoot02.jpg
Zoot03.jpg
Zoot04.jpg
Zoot05.jpg
Zoot06.jpg

Partridge trannies, GEC tubes..probably some nice McMurdo sockets as well...gut the bitch, and sell the chassis/box on the bay. Tell 'em it belonged to Marillion!

That Park looks like she'll clean up nicely..:thu:

• Members

man you should get that zoot horn up and working. it looks like it might be a nice sounding orange clone of some sort.if it's not you should turn it in to one :) those transformers will bring a mint (they sound freaking fantastic)

ehem.....

if you decide to sell any of them let me know....

.... ehem....

• Members

She definitely looks like she's got the makings of something interesting and brewtal. I can't really remember how she sounded. We just used her for the bass hooked up to two massive old Fender bass cabs. m/:evil: m/

She was prolly working the last time she was fired up. I haven't put any power through her yet. The speaker cables I had were XLR to 1/4" Jacks, I think. I haven't dug them up yet.

I'll give you first call on anything I let go.
:)

just make sure you check those filter caps before you put any juice to 'em :thu:

• Members

Originally posted by outtahear

Partridge trannies, GEC tubes..probably some nice McMurdo sockets as well...gut the bitch, and sell the chassis/box on the bay. Tell 'em it belonged to Marillion!

I see a case of severe neglect. The tubes are pooched, the chassis has a ton of rust (and I'd be worried about getting a staph infection from it, lol), the switches and connectors are probably ruined, and the sockets are no doubt dirty as hell and probably not salvageable if the chassis is that bad. I might take the transformers out, but I can get similar sounding transformers new anyway...

The Park looks like it might be ok though. I'd still replace all the electrolytics and have a good look around inside before using it.

Archived