Yay, just setup my new EJ Fender Strat

Zachman

• Replies 52
  • Created
  • Last Reply
  • Members
Originally posted by mentoneman

sounded awesome as well my friend!

the super reverb, the rack, and that strat.....

game over:love:
:freak::bor:

Thanks Boolay!!! :D After I shimmed the neck this thing is KILLER!!! I need to do a small string height adjustment and it'll be PURRRFECTTT!!!

• Members
Originally posted by Tonemeister87

Probably one of the better strats out there. Congrats!
:thu:

I agree with you. I played approximately 70+ Fender Strats recently and walked away thinking, how disappointed I was that with the $$$ these things are costing, that the factory would give a crap about them being setup properly, but NO they don't care. The only guitar that I liked was this one, so I had to pull the trigger and get it.

The Suhr Standard, The Zion Radicaster and the Valley Arts Strats, rule, but Fender is it's own sound, ya know. (Had to have!!!

Next is a Gibson ES-335, ES-175 and maybe a Telecaster. (ALL in Off white). Fortunately I have those guitars at my disposal, (Not in white) but I'd like to have one's that were my very own. I am going to get on of those Steinberger double-neck Bass/Guitars, as well.

• Members
Originally posted by Japetus

That's my kind of guitar!!
:cool:

:thu: You have GREAT taste in guitars then, because I am very happy with this thing. Alder body, Bone nut, staggered tuning poles, etc... make this a very comfortable and nice playing guitar.

• Members
Originally posted by Code-001

Bro, every time I see that Suhr, my pants get tight.
:love:
:love: If the EJ strat had a floyd, I'd buy one.

LOL!!! Ya I prefer Floyds too. It actually stays in tune though. I use Big Bends Nut Sauce on the saddle pieces and at the nut and it works like a charm. I think you can get some from zepman.

www.zepman.net

The Suhr is FREAKING AWESOME!!! It stays in tune with extreme use of the trem, but a Floyd just gives me that comfort zone. I believe that they can be ordered with a Floyd, but I hate paying retail, so that wasn't an option, against my religion... ya, see. Got mine for $1400 NEW. :cool::D:thu:

Picture%20222.jpg

• Members

Originally posted by gt5litre

I have an Eric Johnson Strat in Candy Apple Red too. I have found the red and black EJs to be lighter in weight than the translucent colors. It is a great guitar and the neck is good, but I would prefer a truer "V" neck carve.

gt5litre

I almost got a tobacco sunburst EJ a few months ago, when I was still in California, and it was lighter than the red one I have. That's ok though, the one I have now isn't as heavy as my Les Paul, which weighs in at a hefty 10 lbs.

• Members
Originally posted by omni

How do you play all those guitars at the same time?
:freak::wave:

I have an "Omni" Mode circuit that Doc Brown installed in all of them, based on his Flux Capacitor circuit design. Before I did this, I had to actually Time travel and/or Overdub. :idea::thu:

That or use an Electric midi Kapo. :wave::freak:

• Members
Originally posted by Zachman

I have an "Omni" Mode circuit that Doc Brown installed in all of them, based on his Flux Capacitor circuit design. Before I did this, I had to actually Time travel and/or Overdub.
:idea::thu:

That or use an Electric midi Kapo.
:wave::freak:

Ahhh...

• Members

I have an EJ strat in the burst color. I absolutely love it. The neck is huge like my GIbson R7 and this thickness contributes to the tone and sustain of this guitar. I didn't understand the pickups when I first got the EJ, then I learned they are underwound antique style pickups and not for super duper gainy amps, but work great with my Marshalls and my Rectoverb.:thu:

It sounds like a dream through my JTM45

• Members

Different headstock joint.

Different nut width.

Differently-cut neck wood.

Different tuners.

Different neck profile.

Different fretboard radius.

Different number of frets.

Different finish.

Different bridge.

Different pickups.

Different tone controls.

Different pickguard.

Different body routing.

Other than that, though, they're exactly the same.

• Members
Originally posted by Big Hair

sweet pics zachman

do you play in a band??? I really dig your gear
:)

Thanks, the gear thing didn't just happen over night, though recently I have been having early Christmas when it comes to gear. I think tone is SO important and I am happy to see that due to places like this, players are getting a chance to really dig into the tools that make tones achieveable and desireable. It's not such a hidden secret art like it used to be, though there is still mystique surrounding certain things.

I just moved back to Hawaii and do not currently play in a band. I have been doing several recording projects since I got here though and am working on a project that will be live. Of course, I still go jam with people at gigs now and then, but not "in a band" per se. :thu:

• Members
Originally posted by Zachman

Thanks, the gear thing didn't just happen over night, though recently I have been having early Christmas when it comes to gear. I think tone is SO important and I am happy to see that due to places like this, players are getting a chance to really dig into the tools that make tones achieveable and desireable. It's not such a hidden secret art like it used to be, though there is still mystique surrounding certain things.

I just moved back to Hawaii and do not currently play in a band. I have been doing several recording projects since I got here though and am working on a project that will be live. Of course, I still go jam with people at gigs now and then, but not "in a band" per se.

I see, I just saw the shock proof rack case and thought you might be touring or something!

BTW I agree with your tone statement!

Archived