OT: The future of Japanese Concerts

ChristianRock

• Members

this is a pretty good remix. I have a soft spot for the girly bands from the 80's. Although most of these electro girls i've been finding on youtube seem to copy the kind of "talk" style the female rappers did in the 80's.. jjfad, j trimm, salt and pepper etc...

x1eVIA3p9rk

• Members

yea but how long till the novelty wears off?

but on the other hand with the prevalence of animation, it very well could be fad of the next ten years or so..

i always thought it was interesting how much the gorrilia sounded like beck.

I think people are missing the point by focusing on the animation - as mentioned earlier, we've had animation "front men" for years (going back to Alvin and the Chipmunks in 1959!). The cool thing here is that the vocals are synthesized too. Autotuning and processing human singers is one thing, but laying down vocals in a sequencer and having that product actually able to connect to fans is a real step into the future.

The robot i posted is using a different system where it learns how to sing by listening to a pre-recorded human performance, which is also pretty cool tech. Unfortunately the dependency on a real singer may make it hard to match the popularity of the Vocaloid "stars". Still, i really like the idea of humans being able to emotionally connect to sounds (and vocals) that are wholly computer-generated.

• Members

yea but to the people in crowd, I dont think they care how it's made rather than the experience itself. it very well could have been a rotoscoped projection with a human singer 40 years ago and it had the same effect.

The problem in my opinion is that each generation starts off being absorbing the mainstream and then moving back into retro (for the underground / intrinsic value) and then they want something to claim as their own after that.

I could actually see more of this happening. They already do concerts for video game music. the mixed media approach could very well likely be the next big thing as far as pop culture goes. Good by Britney and boy bands..

Should have ordered the robowife first, then she could wax the batlemech for you:lol:

well in hindsight.. :lol:

• Members
Although most of these electro girls i've been finding on youtube seem to copy the kind of "talk" style the female rappers did in the 80's.. jjfad, j trimm, salt and pepper etc...

The current electropop fad (Kesha, etc.) has roots in the electroclash fad at the turn of the century. Which also had that same style of vocals (Miss Kitten, Peaches, etc.).

Which in the end, as you point out, is pretty much the same as L'Trimm's vocal style, and to a less extent, Salt N' Peppa (that sort of sassy-bratty undertone).

Everything old is new again... :idk:

• Members

Unless you ordered the robowife from me, in which case she'll just stand there watching and telling you you're doing it wrong
;)

Yes, this is true. I ordered one from this "Purity_Control"

person, and, to put it politely, she was "not as described".

startrekstella01.jpg

I will sell her cheap. Or better, trade for one of these:

styvonnecraigasslavegirlmarta.jpg

Archived