Any recommendations on how to learn to play like this?

rememberduane

• Members

Since you are still pretty young, you should REALLY try and master this asap.

When I was your age, I avoided a few things like that because I wanted instant gratification.

The faster you get things down the more rounded you will be. Its the old dog and new tricks thing.

Looking back I wished I had learned more chicken pickin' styles. I can get away with it but I know its a weak part of my game.

• Members

Originally posted by thefyn

When I was your age, I avoided a few things like that because I wanted instant gratification.

The faster you get things down the more rounded you will be. Its the old dog and new tricks thing.

Looking back I wished I had learned more chicken pickin' styles. I can get away with it but I know its a weak part of my game.

That's what I'm hoping for. I mean, I have been playing 8 years already, but for some guys, that's nothing. When I have the cash I'm going to grab a few books and DVDs devoted to this and get to work with the metronome AND the tuner (to be positive my bends are in tune). If I can find a teacher that does this kind of stuff, I'm going to grab some lessons too.

• Members

Originally posted by thefyn

it's never to late to learn any style. I don't care if you are 50 years old ,you can still learn chicken picking or any style for the matter if you put your mind to it. The real question/s is how bad to you want it and how much practice are you willing to put in.

• Members

Originally posted by gainfreak

it's never to late to learn any style. I don't care if you are 50 years old ,you can still learn chicken picking or any style for the matter if you put your mind to it. The real question/s is how bad to you want it and how much practice are you willing to put in.

Agreed, I dont ever think that there is an age limit on learning new things; Styles, techniques etc...

Unlearning bad habits is an entirely different matter..........

• Members

Originally posted by STEEL KAGE

Agreed, I dont ever think that there is an age limit on learning new things; Styles, techniques etc...

Unlearning bad habits is an entirely different matter..........

Word!!

In retrospect. I'm pretty sure that Frank Gambale was nearly in his 30's when he went to GIT. He said {censored} his day job stuff and went back to school to learn more guitar.

Archived