just pulled trigger on GFS p90's

bluesboy

• Members

I've been hearing about these pickups now and again, and im curious to try these pickups (they are HB sized p90's) in my LP studio. SO i go to the website and check them out, and they're cheap!!!!!! I cant believe how cheap they are... $75 or so shipped. SO... anybody here try these? did you like 'em? how would they compare to the p90's that come in the sg classic?

PS i got the black on black ones (my guitar is also black) :cool:

• Members
Originally posted by bluesboy

I've been hearing about these pickups now and again, and im curious to try these pickups (they are HB sized p90's) in my LP studio. SO i go to the website and check them out, and they're cheap!!!!!! I cant believe how cheap they are... $75 or so shipped. SO... anybody here try these? did you like 'em? how would they compare to the p90's that come in the sg classic?

PS i got the black on black ones (my guitar is also black)
:cool:

Which ones, the old Deam 90's o the new,supposedly tue P90 type, the Mean 90? I haven't tried the Mean 90's yet but I do have a set of Dream 90's in a guitar. Pretty decent pickups but far from a true P90 tone. They are not made like a true P90. they sound thinner because they don't have the fat coil that a true P90 type of pickup has.

• Members

Originally posted by tlbonehead

Which ones, the old Deam 90's o the new,supposedly tue P90 type, the Mean 90? I haven't tried the Mean 90's yet but I do have a set of Dream 90's in a guitar. Pretty decent pickups but far from a true P90 tone. They are not made like a true P90. they sound thinner because they don't have the fat coil that a true P90 type of pickup has.

I bought the 2005 series dream 90's... i thought the mean ones might be too high output. do you know how would the dream 90's compare to what comes in the new SG classics/juniors?

• Members

Originally posted by tlbonehead

Man, I can't stand the HD model of HB-sized P90. Them or the Rio Grande models. I have/had quite a few different models of HB-sized P90's. Those two are definitely the worst, IMO, with the Fat Cats a little behind.

so you like the dream 90's better than those? my next question is this:

so the dream 90's are not as fat and punchy as gibby p90's. how do they compare though to say a 490/498 set, or classic 57 set?

thanks for all your info BTW

• Members
Originally posted by bluesboy

so you like the dream 90's better than those? my next question is this:

so the dream 90's are not as fat and punchy as gibby p90's. how do they compare though to say a 490/498 set, or classic 57 set?

thanks for all your info BTW

Nothing like tradition PAF voiced HB. More like somewhere between a Strat and a Tele.

Archived