Best 410 Cab to Use w/ My Blues Junior?

KellyCaster

• Members

Originally posted by telephant

I doubt anybody here has. And I havent either.

why do you want one in the first place? Its not really going to give you any more volume. May provide a bit more thump though...

good question.

the avatar cabs have good speakers. The red coats are decent but you may want one with jensen p10r's, like a 59'bassman. Just depending on what you're looking for.

• Members

Originally posted by Rodimus Prime

good question.

the avatar cabs have good speakers. The red coats are decent but you may want one with jensen p10r's, like a 59'bassman. Just depending on what you're looking for.

Yeah Id look for an older Fender 4x10 to run with it...

• Members

Hmmm,..I don't have much experience with either a Blues Jr or 4x10 cabs. I know Boogie makes a 4x10 cab, so does Avatar -- Maybe something with Jensen's or the like. And I suppose it depends on the type of tones you're going for as well.

• Members

Thanks, guys. A little more info:

I mostly play bluesy rock and country stuff with a telecaster and maybe an OD pedal, a wah or a tremolo. I like the idea of a low wattage fender tube amp, and I generally like the sounds my BJ puts out, but I would like to make the tone a little brighter, and little less boxy, a little more articulate, and I'd like to move a little more air for club gigs. I thought a 410 could help with all those things.

I generally like the natural overdrive of the tube amp, and I just control the amount of volume I run through it with either a volume pedal or my volume knob.

FWIW, I know Matchless makes a 15w 212 amp, and it seems to put out plenty of sound.

• Members

Originally posted by KellyCaster

Thanks, guys. A little more info:

I mostly play bluesy rock and country stuff with a telecaster and maybe an OD pedal, a wah or a tremolo. I like the idea of a low wattage fender tube amp, and I generally like the sounds my BJ puts out, but I would like to make the tone a little brighter, and little less boxy, a little more articulate, and I'd like to move a little more air for club gigs. I thought a 410 could help with all those things.

a 4x10 will definitely help with that. If you can, find a local shop that has 4x10's, and take your amp in try it out to see if its worth it to you.

As I mentioned earlier, Id look at the vintage shops for one of those earlier 4x10 Fender cabs...

• Members

As I mentioned earlier, Id look at the vintage shops for one of those earlier 4x10 Fender cabs...

Is there something about the construction of the vintage cabs that makes them more desirable? Vintage speakers? Has the wood has just aged or something?

Thanks for the help.

• Members

Originally posted by KellyCaster

Is there something about the construction of the vintage cabs that makes them more desirable? Vintage speakers? Has the wood has just aged or something?

Thanks for the help.

Well that depends on who you ask. Some vintage whores stick with older being better. Fender cabinets have always been heavy duty from experience, even the newer ones.

But the reason I said older, is I dont think Fender has made 4x10's for a long time now. I could be wrong, but the ones Ive always seen were pretty old, but were also dirt cheap.

On their website all they show is 2x12's and 4x12's.

• Members

Well that depends on who you ask. Some vintage whores stick with older being better. Fender cabinets have always been heavy duty from experience, even the newer ones.

But the reason I said older, is I dont think Fender has made 4x10's for a long time now. I could be wrong, but the ones Ive always seen were pretty old, but were also dirt cheap.

On their website all they show is 2x12's and 4x12's.

Ah. I see. Also a search of eBay shows no Fender 410s. Maybe Avatar is the way to go regardless of what I choose.

Thanks again.

Archived