Amp buzzing and vibrating. Help needed!

inlifeisdeath

• Members

Hi there,

My amp vibrates horribly when I play some low notes. It's an AC15CC, I understand that the vibration is common. But it still irks the living hell out of me.

I've tried tightening all the screws that I can see, but the problem persists.

Can anyone help? What else can I tighten? It seems that something is loose inside and is thus subject to the vibrations!

Cheers.

• Members

Originally posted by inlifeisdeath

Hi there,

My amp vibrates horribly when I play some low notes. It's an AC15CC, I understand that the vibration is common. But it still irks the living hell out of me.

I've tried tightening all the screws that I can see, but the problem persists.

Can anyone help? What else can I tighten? It seems that something is loose inside and is thus subject to the vibrations!

Cheers.

Sounds really weird, maybe you should open the chassis and check if something is loose inside and is thus subject to the vibrations!

Hard to say what the rattle is without hearing it in person - and even then, they can be tough to track down sometimes.

I'd start with the tubes... make sure any tube retainers are tight and not vibrating. Sometimes a microphonic tube can cause a "rattling" type sound... it's a bit of a hassle to swap them on that amp, but if you have a spare set around, give it a try. The speaker itself should also be tight - that can vibrate aganst the baffleboard if it isn't. You've checked all the cabinet screws... I'm running out of possibilities here... sorry. :(

No, I've never experienced any rattles with my AC15cc.

• Members

Different amp but my Palomino V32 was buzzing/vibrating and it was a hassle to figure it out. Turned out to be the back cover (even though it was tight) vibrating on the chassis. I put some thin foam tape on the inside where it contacts the chassis and voila-gone. Good luck ,persistance pays off.

Archived