Recommend me a new amp

barepudder

• Members

So I'm thinking of unloading my Hiwatt DR103 for something a little smaller. I'm not too sure what I'm looking for but my criteria so far is as follows: 50 watts or less, 2 channels, and hand built. I'd like something with reverb but that's not a deal breaker. I would like something that is similar to the sound of my Hiwatt, but obviously it's not going to exactly the same sound. I've looked at Dr. Z, Carr, VHT, and Victoria. Any other brands that I should consider?

• Members

Top Hat, Orange, Matamp (original ampmaker), Marshall 1959x, Roccaforte, are just a few that might catch your eyes and ears. GL in the hunt.

Originally posted by barepudder

So I'm thinking of unloading my Hiwatt DR103 for something a little smaller. I'm not too sure what I'm looking for but my criteria so far is as follows: 50 watts or less, 2 channels, and hand built. I'd like something with reverb but that's not a deal breaker. I would like something that is similar to the sound of my Hiwatt, but obviously it's not going to exactly the same sound. I've looked at Dr. Z, Carr, VHT, and Victoria. Any other brands that I should consider?

Archived