The Official Born Again Believer's Thread!!

Lord ToneKing

• Members
Originally posted by draelyc

[Dr. Nick voice]Hey, Everybody![/Dr. Nick voice]

Just doing a quick drive-by.... tryin' to get ready for the Holy-Day...

I hope everyone is truly experiencing all the blessings of being alive this week!
:thu:

Just a couple of quick comments (whilst I'm online at Kinko's
:p
)

Hey, Wade,

Yeah, I think the terminology is what's clogging up the conversation here. The "punishment" I was refering to was God's alleged wrath at humanity for being so weak and sinful.... That just doesn't hold up logically, since it was God Who created us and imbued us with our nature, and our supposed inherent weakness and propensity towards sinning. So, it's a bit of a pantomime, innit, to say God creates Man, Man has an innate tendency to sin, God must punish Man for Man's sin, but -- out of mercy -- God sends His Son to be punished "instead" (literally, in the place of) Man .... I mean, why should there be any need to punish anyone, if it's Man's created nature (created by God) to sin in the first place?

But if we can get away from thinking in terms of "punishment" altogether, then I think we can connect on this. In terms of sacrifice, from the human point of view, it seems to me that Jesus, the man, makes the *ultimate* sacrifice by totally and utterly giving Himself over to be the Full Incarnation of God on Earth -- it's hard to imagine a bigger sacrifice for a human being to make (and Jesus was just as fully human as He was Divine, of course) ... just like it's hard for me to imagine a bigger sacrifice than that which God initially made in creating the Universe, in going from being unlimited and unlimitable to being limited in order to manifest.... the human brain can scarcely conceive of sacrifice on that scale....
:eek:

So, did I just make it better, or worse, in terms of our connecting here?
;)

C

Well except for a few minor points....I do understand the logical conundrum you bring up.....and this quible won't help....but I don't believe man was created with an innate weakness and propensity to sin.

I believe man was created perfect and that in the beginning all of creation was in a perfect state. Man fell by choice...it did not have to happen that way. I believe God knew it would...and therein lies the problem for some. I also believe that we will eventually understand this quandary..... but for now.......ah well.

So yes I do believe that we deserve the wrath of God for our rebellion against him...and against what we know of right and wrong. Some have problems with the idea that we have to pay for Adam and Eve's sin.....however each and every one of us have sinned and done what we KNOW isn't right. So that is just a way of deflecting personal responsibility.....

Again...I really think it is terminology that hinders. Wrath is an expression that is hard to equate with a loving God. However, both of these aspects are prominent in the Bible.
I like to think that a PERFECT GOD cannot coexist with imperfection and this wrath is kind of like 2 magnets repelling....(please don't look at this analogy in ANY detail- it fails on all levels!)

Anyway.....Merry Christmas !!

Wade 8^)

• Replies 3.3k
  • Created
  • Last Reply
  • Members

Chris,
In case you happen to do another drive by:
I wish you and yours a very wonderful Christmas. I hope the season lends to you all its warmth and meaning. May the Lord
bless you.

Echoes, Gdwill2u, Steve, Sam and Michael, I wish to you all a very merry and wonderful Christmas. May the Lord bless you all richly.
May he bestow on you all the wonderment and curiosity of children. That is the hope and prayer I have for you all.
I know that will seem strange, but please, never forget the primary process is a wonderful and delightful thing!

Chucky, I wish you a merry Christmas as well my friend. I hope you have a wonderful holiday. I truly hope you are on your way
to finding what you are searching for my friend.

Gary

• Members

Originally posted by riffy

Chris,

I wish you and yours a very wonderful Christmas. I hope the season lends to you all its warmth and meaning. May the Lord

bless you.

Echoes, Gdwill2u, Steve, Sam and Michael, I wish to you all a very merry and wonderful Christmas. May the Lord bless you all richly.

May he bestow on you all the wonderment and curiosity of children. That is the hope and prayer I have for you all.

I know that will seem strange, but please, never forget the primary process is a wonderful and delightful thing!

Chucky, I wish you a merry Christmas as well my friend. I hope you have a wonderful holiday. I truly hope you are on your way

Gary

I hope I find a planet with smarter people on it too, someday:D

Thanks! Pagan Yule to all!!

• Members
Originally posted by wader2k

Well except for a few minor points....I do understand the logical conundrum you bring up.....and this quible won't help....but I don't believe man was created with an innate weakness and propensity to sin.

I believe man was created perfect and that in the beginning all of creation was in a perfect state. Man fell by choice...it did not have to happen that way. I believe God knew it would...and therein lies the problem for some. I also believe that we will eventually understand this quandary..... but for now.......ah well.

So yes I do believe that we deserve the wrath of God for our rebellion against him...and against what we know of right and wrong. Some have problems with the idea that we have to pay for Adam and Eve's sin.....however each and every one of us have sinned and done what we KNOW isn't right. So that is just a way of deflecting personal responsibility.....

Again...I really think it is terminology that hinders. Wrath is an expression that is hard to equate with a loving God. However, both of these aspects are prominent in the Bible.

I like to think that a PERFECT GOD cannot coexist with imperfection and this wrath is kind of like 2 magnets repelling....(please don't look at this analogy in ANY detail- it fails on all levels!)

Anyway.....Merry Christmas !!

Wade 8^)

I get where you're coming from, Wade -- especially the idea that lies beneath your "magnet" analogy, believe it or not! :)

It seems to be we've got a fairly good chance of resolving most of these linguistic difficulties after the break. Till then, please have a wonderful Christmas & new year! :thu:

C

• Members
Originally posted by riffy

Chris,

bless you.

Gary

My last drive by! ;) Gary, I hope you & your family have a fantastic Christmas, infused with the Spirit! :thu: And rock the new year, yo! :D

C

• Members

I get where you're coming from, Wade -- especially the idea that lies beneath your "magnet" analogy, believe it or not!
:)

It seems to be we've got a fairly good chance of resolving most of these linguistic difficulties after the break. Till then, please have a wonderful Christmas & new year!

C

Shouldn't you be out buying Christmas presents?

• Members

Actually, that's what I'm out to do this afternoon!
:idea:;)

Did you ever clear your vision after all those papers?

It takes several nights worth of sleep, but eventually everything clears up. Unfortunately, one is just recharging the batteries for the next assault.

• Members
Originally posted by Loghead

It takes several nights worth of sleep, but eventually everything clears up. Unfortunately, one is just recharging the batteries for the next assault.

[Rik Emmett]"Fight the good fight every moment... Every minute, every day-ay!" [/Rik Emmett]

Give 'em hell in the new year, mang! :thu:

• Members

Hey, either of you clowns use a lot of pedals? Or are you purists?

If you don't mind impurity, perhaps you could offer some insight into my current fx dilemma?

http://acapella.harmony-central.com/forums/showthread.php?s=&threadid=1478468

Either way, I still hope the Solstice sees the birth of the simple light shining on you both!

I guess I'm a purist. I play clean and un-effected for a long time, and then I think that a pedal or an effect (should be called affect) might be fun. That usually lasts about ten minutes.

• Members

Hey, either of you clowns use a lot of pedals? Or are you purists?

If you don't mind impurity, perhaps you could offer some insight into my current fx dilemma?

http://acapella.harmony-central.com/forums/showthread.php?s=&threadid=1478468

Either way, I still hope the Solstice sees the birth of the simple light shining on you both!

ONLY boost/distortion pedals or wahs between axe & amp, line out to a separate amp with all others (time based).

We'll get you up to speed:p

Yes, Solstice! ,wish we had that CO blizzard here.:(

• Members

I guess I'm a purist. I play clean and un-effected for a long time, and then I think that a pedal or an effect (should be called affect) might be fun. That usually last about ten minutes.

What's interesting to me is that I think this is the first time in about three years that I've got a glimpse of what Loghead's music is like. Kinda nice to be able to add that to the impressions I have about what his politics & philosophies are like. :thu:

• Members

You need a non-screechy guitar...okay, that's gotten old, but a better guitar would probably help, and I don't think much of your amp.

I certainly wouldn't put the Crate on the same level as the B'ville, no. ;) But you're gonna be hard pressed to find a better guitar than the USA made Hamer Mirage Koa. :thu:

• Members

I certainly wouldn't put the Crate on the same level as the B'ville, no.
;)

But you're gonna be hard pressed to find a better guitar than the USA made Hamer Mirage Koa.

effects loops...ewwww.

ORIGINAL San Dimas Jackson Soloist neck-through, '85.

• Members

I certainly wouldn't put the Crate on the same level as the B'ville, no.
;)
But you're gonna be hard pressed to find a better guitar than the USA made Hamer Mirage Koa.

Oh I can't help myself! I clicked on this once again, and yours was TOTHP.

I've yet to see anything more truthful in this thread. There are a lot of special guitars out there. But I think Hamer makes the most of them. They have several models that are just so beautiful...to look at and play. All catatogories...cosmetics, build, materials, hardware, feel, tone, longevity...the complete package.

Archived