The Official Born Again Believer's Thread!!

Lord ToneKing

• Members
Originally posted by Loghead

Uh...I read the words, but I don't think I get it. You've said that you're holding your students' hands, so clearly you're doing something that they should be able to do for themselves. Most schools have some sort of online registration set up, so you must be sitting in a room waiting for individual students to walk up to you and tell you what they want to register for so that you can enter their choices onto a computer. Is this about right? Sounds like data entry. Does your school believe that students are too stupid to register themselves? Is there a shortage of computers? What's the reasoning?

The answer to all your questions is "yes," except that last one. There's no "reason" involved. :(

• Replies 3.3k
  • Created
  • Last Reply
  • Members

Uh...I read the words, but I don't think I get it. You've said that you're holding your students' hands, so clearly you're doing something that they should be able to do for themselves. Most schools have some sort of online registration set up, so you must be sitting in a room waiting for individual students to walk up to you and tell you what they want to register for so that you can enter their choices onto a computer. Is this about right? Sounds like data entry. Does your school believe that students are too stupid to register themselves? Is there a shortage of computers? What's the reasoning?

student/teacher bonding time:love: :idea:

• Members
Originally posted by draelyc

The answer to all your questions is "yes," except that last one. There's no "reason" involved.
:(

Okay. I've heard about community colleges run by administrations which are dominated by local business people who see the school as a money making venture. I've also heard that these non-academics run the school as if it were part of the service industry. Their motto might read,

• Members

Um, wow.

So, how the hell do you use that with your Mini Cat?
:confused:

No, this is for running my SP-404 into and freaking out my live samples, which when combined with my mind-bending V-Synth,

will be sooooooo totally devastating.

• Members
Originally posted by Lord ToneKing

Hello to everyone else!
:wave:

I have'nt visited this thread in a while

Did everyone have a nice Christmas and New Year?

I think I gained 10lbs:eek: I'm pushing 160 now:o

I, too, feel that pain. :(

But Christmas was good down my way. Hope yours was, too! :)

• Members

Okay. I've heard about community colleges run by administrations which are dominated by local business people who see the school as a money making venture. I've also heard that these non-academics run the school as if it were part of the service industry. Their motto might read,

• Members
Originally posted by chuckgp

No, this is for running my SP-404 into and freaking out my live samples, which when combined with my mind-bending V-Synth,

will be sooooooo totally devastating.

You're a beast, mang. ;) What's your number? :idea:

• Members

Dunno.

but,

Libra-Cancer-Scorpio

Water Tiger

Mars in Gemini

:mad::evil:

Hehe, I like how you go from balanced to unbalanced. ;) I can't say much, though: my Sun sign is Picses, but my Moon sign is Leo (hence the intolerable ego) and rising is Scorpio -- thus I recognize, my brother. :evil:

• Members

Hehe, I like how you go from balanced to unbalanced.
;)
I can't say much, though: my Sun sign is Picses, but my Moon sign is Leo (hence the intolerable ego) and rising is Scorpio -- thus I recognize, my brother.
:evil:

Oh, the balanced part is just my humble mask of Libran unitarian tolerance:D

Yours is pretty different..have to look it up.

My best friend is a Scorpio sun, one person even more daring than me in 'mystical matters'.

• Members

Scorpio Rising gives you a strong physique and tremendous physical stamina. Far more stubborn than you seem on the surface, you assiduously stick to your goals as long as there is a chance they will be achieved. It is difficult to convince you to change your mind once a decision has been made.

Your emotional vulnerability remains concealed unless your natal sun or moon happens to be in Cancer or Pisces. You are are friendly and while you can be rather quiet, you have quite a gregarious personality and don't mind being in the spotlight.

-----------------
It is highly unlikely that you, as a Scorpio rising, have that sinister or mysterious personality which popular literature tends to associate with the sign of Scorpio, but you are a keen observer and a shrewd speculator.

heh-heh-heh-hahahaaaaaaaaaaaAAAAAAA!!!!!!!!!

• Members

Scorpio Rising gives you a strong physique and tremendous physical stamina. Far more stubborn than you seem on the surface, you assiduously stick to your goals as long as there is a chance they will be achieved. It is difficult to convince you to change your mind once a decision has been made.

Your emotional vulnerability remains concealed unless your natal sun or moon happens to be in Cancer or Pisces. You are are friendly and while you can be rather quiet, you have quite a gregarious personality and don't mind being in the spotlight.

-----------------

It is highly unlikely that you, as a Scorpio rising, have that sinister or mysterious personality which popular literature tends to associate with the sign of Scorpio, but you are a keen observer and a shrewd speculator.

heh-heh-heh-hahahaaaaaaaaaaaAAAAAAA!!!!!!!!!

Whoops, nailed. :o

Damn that sun sign, leaving my emotional vulnerability all out in the open for all to see. :freak:

• Members

Whoops, nailed.
:o

Damn that sun sign, leaving my emotional vulnerability all out in the open for all to see.
:freak:

Yeah...I knew you'd see that connection.:(

:cry:

Emotional vulnerability + lack of Scorpio's true beneficial trait -- the sinister mystery

=

:( (seeming predator turns out to be a gregarious fish)

But you are getting Mystery tendencies from somewhere.
All the extra-Biblical material and wacko mysticism stuff you flute so much.

:D:p

• Members

Yeah...I knew you'd see that connection.

:cry:

Emotional vulnerability + lack of Scorpio's true beneficial trait -- the sinister mystery

=

(seeming predator turns out to be a gregarious fish)

But you are getting Mystery tendencies from somewhere.

All the extra-Biblical material and wacko mysticism stuff you flute so much.

:D:p

That really hurts, man. :cry:

:p

You know, they say Jesus was a Pisces.... :cool:

• Members

Came outta Mithraic Taurean right into Piscean Fish stories, oh yeah.

Don't forget precession & its affect on the Zodiac every 26,000 years... the age of the Ram gave way to the age of the Fish about 2000 years ago.... Of course, theoretically that age has ended now, but some of us idealists linger on.... :cool:

• Members

Don't forget precession & its affect on the Zodiac every 26,000 years... the age of the Ram gave way to the age of the Fish about 2000 years ago.... Of course, theoretically that age has ended now, but some of us idealists linger on....
:cool:

That was the Bull, not the Ram, I think?

• Members

That was the Bull, not the Ram, I think?

All I know is that Ares preceeds Pisces; thus, you see Jesus, as the World Teacher, depected with images of lambs & sheep, and also with Fish, as He represents the passing from the one age to the next.

I do not know enough about Mithra even to guess about the Bull symbolism, beyond the fertility it's usually associated with. Care to lay the smack down for me?

• Members

Wow, you nailed it -- that is precisely the situation here. "Students are our customers," and instructors are here to provide "customer service."
:freak:

Of course, as you know, the customer is always right, and it's IMPOSSIBLE to teach someone who's "always right."
:rolleyes:

Probably a third of our students are non-trads who worked in mills for 30 years, until outsourcing decimated the SC textile industry. Another third are 17-18, fresh out of HS and didn't get into bigger colleges or universities for academic reasons. The last third *did* get into bigger schools, ended up having a fantastically fun time, and now are here, trying to nurse their devastated GPAs back to tolerable health.

Factor in an underlying lack of any sort of coherent institutional philosophy and you'll have a pretty good picture.
:thu:

I think you should offer a class entitled,

Archived