Genz Benz Black Pearl

phatster

• Members

I also posted this on the Bass forum as GB staff also frequent both these sites.The Black Pearl is reviewed in Guitar Player this month and it comes out very well,got Editor's Pick rating.I have owned mine for 3 weeks now and I must say it does everything I ask for,,blues,classic rock,country,jazz......with right pedals could do metal as wellI can whole-heartedly recommend this amp....check it out!The folks at Genz Benz give the best customer service I have ever experienced as well.

• 3 weeks later...
  • Members
Originally posted by hasbeen

thanks for the comments. This amp is truely taking off. We're especially proud of this award because of the other respected amps it was compared against.

65 Amps and Victoria, good company. One of the local stores just picked up GB. Last time I was in there they were all stoked up about the El Diablo. So much so that they were thinking of dropping Boogie.:thu:

• Members

I am setting mine with the gain about half way up for a clean semi dirty (when playing hard) then using a boost for overdrive. It sounds great. Just a full cutting great sounding amp. I have never had a one channel amp before but the dynamics are amazing.

• Members

Here you go...set up in my home music room. Running in stereo through my G-system along with my Peavey XXX. The G-system controls channels for the XXX & controls the boost on the Black Pearl. .

10.jpg

I love the Black Pearl. Its not the type of amp I usually play through, but thats why I bought it.

I was actually a little disappointed in the review in guitar player magazine. It got the award, and thats cool, but too short of a review & not in depth enough about the sounds & capabilities

For anyone interested, here's my guitars...

Top row:

Wayne Charvel personally built & set up custom Villain (not a "Fender" Charvel) w/flat fret board radius (one of a kind - & he'll never make another!), Carvin California Carved Top flame sunburst (easily the best looking guitar I own, stainless jumbo frets too!)

Middle row:

Parker 10th anniversary fly, Parker Single cut red flame, Parker 2003 Nitefly M, 89 Kramer Proaxe Std

Bottom row:

Blue Shadow s-140, Red Shadow s-140, Kramer Nightswan signed by Vivian Campbell

group_5.jpg

group_6.jpg

• Members

Originally posted by supersecretjim

Here you go...set up in my home music room. Running in stereo through my G-system along with my Peavey XXX. The G-system controls channels for the XXX & controls the boost on the Black Pearl. .

10.jpg

I love the Black Pearl. Its not the type of amp I usually play through, but thats why I bought it.

Thanx for the pic's :thu:

Any more indepth reviews ?

How does it sound ? By that i mean, does it sound like any other amp out there, or does it ahev it's one thing going ?

Dist. channel, any good ?

Cheers

;)

• Members

Originally posted by supersecretjim

Middle row:

Parker 10th anniversary fly, Parker Single cut red flame, Parker 2003 Nitefly M, 89 Kramer Proaxe Std

Bottom row:

Blue Shadow s-140, Red Shadow s-140, Kramer Nightswan signed by Vivian Campbell

I love that 89 Kramer proaxe........ :love: wanna sell it?

• 3 weeks later...
  • Members

Originally posted by gspin

I read the review on Guitar Player too. Any place I can try out a Black Pearl in NYC?

cheers

gspin

Sam Ash on 48th street has one. There was a review this month in Vintage Guitar too.

Let me know if that Ash store doesn't have it on the floor and I'll help.

Archived