Adrian Smith Guitar Lesson - Funny If You Know Maiden And Play Teh Axe

Megadeth Man

• Members

Originally posted by Big Hair

I find players who are technically and theoretically "perfect" to be fairly boring.

There is no denying that Petrucci, Vai, Satriani etc know their stuff, but it bores me to death.

Give me players like Ad Smith anyday

If the day comes that Vai is in England and calls you to say he needs studio time I am going to tell him that you find him boring :mad:

:D

• Members

Originally posted by Big Hair

I find players who are technically and theoretically "perfect" to be fairly boring.

There is no denying that Petrucci, Vai, Satriani etc know their stuff, but it bores me to death.

Give me players like Ad Smith anyday

Yeah, but guys like Vai, Satch, and petrucci aren't hiding behind a gallop rhythm for 90% of the song, and they can play in other keys beside Em which 95% of all Maiden songs are in.

• Members

Originally posted by book_of_lies777

I read an interview once with Bruce Dickinson, and he said one of the reasons that the band works so well is that no one knows what the hell they're doing, so they don't feel "trapped" by 'the rules'... if it sounds cool, then it's all good. (paraphrasing, of course)

This is like trying to argue that knowing how to spell can make one a poor speaker.

• Members

Originally posted by danyeo

Yeah, but guys like Vai, Satch, and petrucci aren't hiding behind a gallop rhythm for 90% of the song, and they can play in other keys beside Em which 95% of all Maiden songs are in.

if it aint broke then dont fix it imo

:)

• Members

lol.

Petrucci owns Smith, but I can see why people love Smith, so meh.

• Members

That may be true, but that doesnt make Vai, Satch, and Petrucci any less boring.

• Members

Virtuoso guitarist bore me {censored}less, sorry, yeah they can play but they normall know {censored} all about proper song structure, just look at when Steve vai or Joe Satriani thought they would sing, it was a pile of dog{censored}!

People like Ad smith are way more creative. They experiment with song structure, riff placement, variations of the same riff to bulid atmostphere. They can make the simplest of riffs sound immense (listen to the Clairvoyant) but virtuoso's go over the top and end up with a samey album of Ibanez's and overused wah pedals.

Archived