So, um, this Mark IV arrived...

Fl00

• Members

...What now? I don't want anymore amps now. :cry:

Since it didn't come with a footswitch, I got a fairly good deal on a Mark IV from Juggernaut over on Rig Talk. He packed it quite securely, and it arrived flawlessly.

Oh yeah, it sounds pretty good, too.

NOTE: If anyone has any schematics for standard guitar footswitches with LEDs, I'd be very greatful. I need to make one, and I think I'll make it digitally controlled if possible.

OBLIGATOERI PICKZ:

merkfoor.jpg

• Members
Originally posted by Random Hero

Pretty low key review. How are you finding the lead channel? Liquid?

Yeah, sorry about that. I received it right before I had to leave to school, and I just got home and right now as I speak I'm playing it. It's quite a cool tool, and I've got a long way to go. I'm having a ton of fun trying to find Petrucci-esque tones (and finding surprisingly good results). The lead channel practically plays itself! :love:

I'm actually really liking the R2 channel more than I thought I would, as I love that lower-gain crunch. Again, still getting into it, but it really is a Rush-like channel. And I love that about it.

R1 I'm still dialing in to find a useable clean tone for myself, but I'm sure I'll find something.

EDIT: can someone please post hal9000's pics of SFW and gainfreak's settings?

• Members
Originally posted by Fl00

...What now? I don't want anymore amps now.
:cry:

Since it didn't come with a footswitch, I got a fairly good deal on a Mark IV from Juggernaut over on Rig Talk. He packed it quite securely, and it arrived flawlessly.

Oh yeah, it sounds pretty good, too.

NOTE: If anyone has any schematics for standard guitar footswitches with LEDs, I'd be very greatful. I need to make one, and I think I'll make it digitally controlled if possible.

OBLIGATOERI PICKZ:

merkfoor.jpg

If you want to control it via relays then just use the other footswitch holes (sorry, i am having a brain fart lol). it takes a standard 1/4" to be used with a G-major or the like. Cheers, Lucius

• Members
Originally posted by Lucius

If you want to control it via relays then just use the other footswitch holes (sorry, i am having a brain fart lol). it takes a standard 1/4" to be used with a G-major or the like. Cheers, Lucius

Yes, I know this much, but unfortunately not much more. I'm probably going to build a relay box of my own, with customized outputs (hence the digital control), I just need a schematic for the a general footswitch to see how it receives/transmits power (for the relay and LED). JamesPeters, if you're reading this, you know the call. :)

Thanks though!

Archived