My latest PODxt + Buffer2 clip up...

AndyZ

• Members

A bassist buddy has an endorsement with Traben Basses and needed to do yet another clip.

Used my Tele Special, Lil 59 in bridge using the 18w Marshall model for the rhythm guitars and used my Jumped Plexi patch "Sexy Plexi" for most of the lead, and the Bomber XTC model for some of the lead bursts and effected guitars.

Again used the Buffer2 from Red Iron Amps ( http://www.redironamps.com ) not only for the guitar, but as well for the Bass which then went direct (no POD here).

This clip is called the Tooled Mix and it's about a minute-fifteen in length. Sort of a mix of Tool and Satriani inspired sound. Hope ya like it!

http://www.myspace.com/andyztunes

• Members

Thanks guys!

GWS, no need to steal... here's a fairly recent bundle you can load to your POD when you get it. Glad to share! I usually prefer record without FX on the POD and add them in as plugins later in ProTools, but they are there if you need em. I usually use the first 4-5 banks of patches first. The rest are there if I need something in that vein. Remember you'll probably need to tweak patches for you guitar and playign styles, but this should get ya in the ballpark. Also the Red Iron AMps Buffer2 does play a bit in teh sound too when recording.

http://www.instituteofnoise.com/patches/Atomic_PODxt_301/AtomicPODxt-v301-2006-09-11.l6b

• Members

Thanks Rush... I usually put it out there more so folks will maybe try different products and/or patches. If they like what I did, only that much better. Part of why I do it is many who say, try the POD and says it sucks is to prove it really doesn't. If you take the time to tweak it (or any modeler or amp) you can get it to sound great!

• Members

Originally posted by AndyZ

Thanks guys!

GWS, no need to steal... here's a fairly recent bundle you can load to your POD when you get it. Glad to share! I usually prefer record without FX on the POD and add them in as plugins later in ProTools, but they are there if you need em. I usually use the first 4-5 banks of patches first. The rest are there if I need something in that vein. Remember you'll probably need to tweak patches for you guitar and playign styles, but this should get ya in the ballpark. Also the Red Iron AMps Buffer2 does play a bit in teh sound too when recording.

Andy,

Thanks for the patches...I'll run them down on my PODxt tomorrow! I thought the tones sounded pretty great. Do you use the buffer when you play live, or just tracking in the studio? In related news, I have to replace the tubes in my Atomic amp (the original 1x12 18 watter), as they're getting microphonic as anything on me. Do you have any recommendations about which tubes to try? Thanks again man, hope all is well by you.

Jeff

• Members

grooveHT, I only use it recording in the studio. I don't find I need it with the Atomic. As far as tubes for the Atomic, just order the JJ EL-84's from Bob at Eurotubes.com. Just get a matched pair is my only other recommendation. Just pop the old ones out and pop the new ones in... done deal.

Archived