Is the Fender Deluxe, twin, and super made in Mex

Mikeo

• Members

Originally posted by Loghead

Interesting question. I have no idea.

i was told by Fender that all the vintage amps are made in CA, the HRD's are from Mex.

I thought all the amps were now made in mex, except for a few like the Vibrolux, Vibro King, Custom Twin and stuff like that out of the custom shop.

And I think the vibrolkux is made in Mex too.

I'd like to grab a 65 Deluxe, which is nice, but at 800 bucks it's kind of a one trick pony. What it does , it does well.

I might buy used, but I hear that they have a few break downs the warranty could be worth more than I think.

No commitments on any of these amps, I have owned a Tweed DeLuxe , and a HRD DeVille at one time, they are kinda bass botton end-ish and I sold em both.

I still have my Twin from the early 80's whioch is like a silver face one from the late 70's with the push/pull master volume, but during the last year or so Febder went back to a black face plate before killing the Twin in favor of the Twin II

I have a lot of amps, but a black face deluxe could be on my next list.

I also played a real 67 next to the reissue and the reissue was just ok, but workable

• Members

Originally posted by Nick Kay

I'm pretty sure all of the shells are made in Mexico, but I have no idea about the amps themselves.

I would guess also that the cabs are MIM.

There must be some one that's playing a new one out there, or one purchased in the last 5 or so years

Archived