Tell me about iPods...

The Boogie Man

• Members
Originally posted by VoodooChild24

My IPOD has been my constant companion for 2 straight years already.

I'm curiously looking at ZUNE though.
;)

I have a zune, it kicks all kinds of ass. If all your music is in mp3 form, and not Itunes it totally rocks. don't believe all the neg. reviews, most of the downsides don't even affect anyone but complete idiots. :thu:

and the video is amazing on it, something I didn't think I would have a use for but I already got it loaded up with loads of TV shows. :thu:

• Members
Originally posted by The Boogie Man

Very good point!

Infact I think I'll get her a MP3 for starters, way cheaper does about the samething and I have limit on my Christmas spending, I just can't justify 2 or 300 bucks just for a iPod
:eek:
considering I just bought her a "New Car" for her birthday last month, and at 16 the insurance cost is like insuring a drunk driver
:mad:
Those fukkers really have a racket. She can get an iPod later, maybe she will even get a job next year so I don't have to pay for her gas.

That new 1 gig shuffle is only $75. It's small, sounds good, and is budget friendly.

• Members

iPods are probably the best portable mp3 players out there. I dunno about the ones that people have gotten broken, but as long as you don't do anything stupid it it should be solid. I've had a second generation and the new 60gig video and both are great! This Christmas I'll be getting a 8gig nano for the gym and stuff. :thu:

• Members

What a bunch of jackasses. Read THIS post from another forum member:

"If all your music is in mp3 form, and not Itunes it totally rocks."

I do not work for Creative, thought they have CONSISTENTLY won consumer and magazine reviews all over the world, but none of you who have responded know what you're talking about. Try buying music from Itunes and see if you can load it into another mp3 player. You cannot. m4p IS a proprietary file format for ITunes. Try this: buy a song from ITunes. Burn a copy onto CD for yourself. Burn a copy for a friend. Burn one for your sister. 3 burns, you're hosed. Can't share with anyone after 3 allowed burns. Try downloading a song from ITunes in any other format than m4p. Try downloading a LOST video for your ipod from Itunes and see if it will play in any standard media player. It will not.

Funny thing is, I own a 30G video Ipod and all of these things are what I have figured out since I've owned it. Not dissing them, it's just the truth.

• Members

Originally posted by MalcolmTex

I would NOT get an ipod. They force you to convert your songs to their own proprietary file type called m4p. The songs you download from ITunes will be in m4p with LOTS of restrictions on burining, sharing etc. Get a standard mp3 player. Creative makes really good ones.

No they don't.... that's the default import setting in the advanced menu... but you can chang them to mp3's with the click of one button. I tunes is the easiest platform to use imo., but other subscription based services like rhapsody are cool too. You can't use your i pod for anything but itunes, which sucks... but all i use is i tunes so i guess it doesn't matter to me. As far as burning restrictions go... all you have to do is add another random song to your playlist and it will burn 5 or 7 more. Or burn one cd and re-import it into your computer under a slightly different name. Loopholes. Do get a protective case though... and a car charger.

Archived