Guitar subwoofers

penguin_316

• Members
Originally posted by Shahar Adom

yep it never ends

weird huh?

It's been like this since I first got my subs in 2001. THe only way to explain it is "group think"

Yeah it's definitely not "think" more like "opinion". People are posting their opinion on something they have never tried.....and even when you point it out to them they just keep on going.....:rolleyes:

It's madness and it's apparent that's never going to end.....so I give up on this pointless matter for a while....:rolleyes:

• Replies 85
  • Created
  • Last Reply
  • Members

Originally posted by shred-o-holic

In a nutshell you've never tried one so you don't know what the {censored} you're talking about...

I've played out alot with mine.......soundmen.......yes soundmen really dug it and it was a non-issue miking it...

Um, I'll assume that someone values your opinion of my knowledge and skillsets, which will make said opinion that much easier to summarily dismiss.

However, to digress. .. again, I have to say, WTF is the point?

Any cab on stage is used for monitoring purposes only. That means it's sitting there just for your peen on stage. If you don't like the frequency range that you get micing your speakers (be it your speakers, the mic, whatever), then you can simply DI your signal and send the full frequency range to the board. From the board, you can EQ it and mix it in with your miced tone however you want. They even used to make BBE sonic maximizers with a subwoofer out that you could set the XO frequency on.

Either of these options is a hell of a lot cheaper then dropping a grand on stage monitoring, which was my original point.

I've no argument with wanting subfrequencies in a guitar signal. I play 7 strings primarily and for some applications having those frequencies in the mix is useful. My argument is with the need to spend money to have those frequencies monitored on stage.

-W

• Members
Originally posted by Bluesaholick

Uh oh. The bedroom rocker is pissed off.
:rolleyes:

So your saying you have played it. And if so explain to all of us why you think it drowns out the sound of others in the mix.You seem to have alot of knowlegde on here about everything Metal amps etc .Let me ask you this if your such a bluesAholick than why are you trying out Engl,s and coming in these threads where it has nothing to do with your stye of music playing.ANd dont come me with these bedroom rocker responses or tell me that im a kid on here cutting lawns to save up for my next amps becuase ill just laugh at you its not gonna work..So think about this on every thread you go no one wants to talk to you so why do you bother think about for a second......... ........ ........ok now what you need to do is leave this site and go to the Fender forums on www.fender.com and make every one,s experience on here better

• Members

Bump for this thread.

I just wanna chime in hear and say those of you who are dismissing the sub idea have either never tried one or have used it properly in a mix. There is a lot of misconception about muddiness, over powering bass players, uselessness live, etc.

I have a Rivera K312 which is a 4x12 looking cab with 2 V30

• Members

Originally posted by starsnuffer

Um, I'll assume that someone values your opinion of my knowledge and skillsets, which will make said opinion that much easier to summarily dismiss.

However, to digress. .. again, I have to say, WTF is the point?

Any cab on stage is used for monitoring purposes only. That means it's sitting there just for your peen on stage. If you don't like the frequency range that you get micing your speakers (be it your speakers, the mic, whatever), then you can simply DI your signal and send the full frequency range to the board. From the board, you can EQ it and mix it in with your miced tone however you want. They even used to make BBE sonic maximizers with a subwoofer out that you could set the XO frequency on.

Either of these options is a hell of a lot cheaper then dropping a grand on stage monitoring, which was my original point.

I've no argument with wanting subfrequencies in a guitar signal. I play 7 strings primarily and for some applications having those frequencies in the mix is useful. My argument is with the need to spend money to have those frequencies monitored on stage.

-W

Of course it's not "needed" with a PA......but c'mon most things are not "needed" with a PA. You can go up on stage with a Eukalayle thru a Gorilla and be heard. But does it sound good to your ears while hearing it? I was only saying that it sounds good on stage but of course fundamentally you are correct.....but any "guess" on how it sounds is just that......a guess.....which is what 99 percent of the people talking out their ass on here are doing......

• Members
Originally posted by Shahar Adom

sweet! You've got the k312! THat is my favorite cab in the world. I bought one over 5 years ago and wouldn't part with it for anything. I love the removeable back panel that turns it into an open cab for the 2x12 v30s

You know, I haven't even tried tacking off the back panel to hear the open cab sound yet and I have had it for at least 2 years!
I mostly use the cab in our practice space these days because it is one heavy mutha to lug to gigs. I use a Bogner 4x12 for shows but I am think about taking the K312 out again. The sound is huge out of that thing! I got it used at GC, it was sitting in the back corner collecting dust. :confused:

• Members

Damn this thread, it's gotten me interested in subs again :D

The Rivera K312 sounds like the ideal cab. Unfortunately it's not feasible for me - they're shockingly expensive over here and I don't play regularly enough these days to justify it :(

Archived