Cool music stuff

wwwjd

• Members

[PLEASE EDIT MY TOPIC TO SAY COOL MUSIC STUFF]

I'm trying netflix streaming free for a month and it is awesome! But THEN, THEN I just found the MUSIC section! You all owe it to yourself to do the totally free, unlimited month trail (just cancel before end of a month) just for the music shows, docus, etc etc. GREAT selection!

Rock Prophecies 2009 NR

Michael Jackson's This Is It 2009 PG

It Might Get Loud 2008 PG

When You're Strange 2009 R

Who Is Harry Nilsson? 2006 NR

Pink Floyd: The Dark Side of the Moon

tons more

some of those CLASSIC ALBUMS (making of) stuff

all STREAMED very well to your xbox, ps3, wii AND PC and mac. Free!!

Awesome. I don't work for netflix, don't get paid, felt this would be interesting and benefitial to people here. I was worried about quality and buffering, but have no probs with my 6 meg internet connection.

• Members

Yeah they do a good job. My wife is a movie and documentary buff and loves it and there are lots of programs for our kids, too. We have a Wii in the family room with the better composite video cable (I think it is still only 428p or something) and movies look fine from a viewing distance of about 8 feet (32" flat panel). The only problem is that netflix has a pretty limited selection of movies available for streaming. The library size increases regularly though. I was totally cheesed off with microsoft in that they require an additional fee of $9.99 / month for an xbox live gold account in order to stream netflix to the xbox 360. I get streaming to our Wii and my iPad with no additional cost beyond the netflix streaming account, but MS wants to siphon off more dollars/month than the cost of the netflix streaming account so I don't stream to the xbox 360 in my office/studio. It is pretty fun lying in bed with my iPad and watching Battlestar Galactica reruns :)

I haven't looked at the music videos that are available. I went straight for Battlestar Galactica, and my wife went straight for chick flicks, kid/family movies, and documentaries. I will have to take a look.

• Members

I was totally cheesed off with microsoft in that they require an additional fee of $9.99 / month for an xbox live gold account in order to stream netflix to the xbox 360. I get streaming to our Wii and my iPad with no additional cost beyond the netflix streaming account, but MS wants to siphon off more dollars/month than the cost of the netflix streaming account so I don't stream to the xbox 360 in my office/studio.

Just to be clear, they don't charge you extra money just to use Netflix across the Xbox Live Service. They charge $9.99 a month or $59.99 a year for a gold level account which then allows you access more things than a free silver level account can. Access to Netflix is just part of that package. If Netflix is the only part of the XBL service you use then in your case it is the same thing, but for the sake of clarity they aren't charging people more on XBL if they want to access Netflix.

I really hope the instant download content expands dramatically before Netflix phases out the red envelopes. Currently it is populated with a few gems buried in a lot of marginal stuff to pad their inventory.

• Members

Yeah, you can get that yearly Microsoft burn for $40 on sales and Costco and junk.

ALSO, you can que up way more movies and content on your computer.... maybe to watch on the Wii?

In my case, seemed like the X360 movies were very limited, but I get on the PC and find a ton more that I Q up and then can watch on the Xbox. Seems like the consoles SEARCH looks to limited but really isn't? I have not tested my Wii yet.

I was gonna drop after the 30 day free thing, but might do a couple months just to watch all the music stuff. The MOOG documentary (yawn!) is on there as well

• Members

I have no idea who that is. But it was listed in the top rated music videos on Netflix so must be a good watch.

Can't express enough how impressed I actually am with Netflix STREAMING ability. It is pretty hard to impress me really, but this thing delivers wonderfully. Free for one month! Drink it up!!!

Archived