Reccomend me a H/S/S or H/S guitar for fusion!

Fl00

• Members

I've needed a guitar that's more of a 'shredder' for a while now. I don't have any true requirements, other than that it has to be a H/S/S or H/S guitar, maple neck that's flat and wide and brighter-sounding (bodywoods don't matter as long as this guitar isn't mellow like a Gibson).

Here's a list of some things that are priorities, but aren't necessarily needed:

- trem based (I've never used a trem, so it might be nice--but it's not needed)

- maple fretboard only due to the fact that I like the way it looks, but I don't necessarily care

- figured top due to the fact that I've had an obsession with looking at 3-dimensional things since a child

I've had my eye on such guitars as a Jackson SL1/2H and PC1, and also the G&L Invader.

Gooooooo!

• Members

Thanks guys. Keep them coming. Alchemist: shut up about you and your G&L's. I only want them more :mad:. Unfortunately, the only G&L's we have here in Winnipeg are the stupid Trubute models.

Originally posted by converge

if you dont NEED a fender scale, check out the Jackson Fusion. Its a bolt on super shredder with a 24.75" scale. Sweet guitars and can be hand relatively inexpensively. Very cool sound.

Originally posted by slash81291

Washburn N6

I forgot to mention a couple things: I don't want to buy from eBay, and I want to keep the price limit under $2200 taxes included, as I'm a student. Both are guitars that are what I'm looking for, though.

• Members

If you want G&L, contact Lauzon music in Ottawa. They are top notch, the owners are awesome guys, and great musicians at that. I'm sure they can get you a good price and get one out to you. For instance my G&L sells for $1700 USD online, in Canada with our fantastic pricing, its supposed to sell for $2000+ CAN, I got it from them for $1700 CAN out the door (15% ontario taxes and all) :o:D

• Members

I saw a DK2M at L&M in transparent blue. It played quite well, and didn't have much trouble with the licensed Floyd. If it weren't for the lack of funds and the fact that I was a bit iffy on it, I would've bought it.

As for the G&L, I'm always iffy of buying stuff online. I was fine with buying my Mark IV, but a guitar is something different. I'll keep them in mind. :(

Archived