Is the Ibanez ts-808 pedal good for 5150 boost?

syxstringslayer

• Members

I have a TS-10, and IMO the tubescreamers are pretty similar to each other. I only tried to boost the lead channel when I had a 5150 (had it about 1 year), and I didn't like it much. I hear boosting the rhythm channel may be pretty cool, and I never tried it before. I always played with the volume at least at 2 or close to 3 where it opened up some and sounded pretty good, though.

One thing I really liked doing was putting an eq in the loop (Boss GE-7) and boosting the lows a little and boosting highs only barely. I hardly liked the amp without the eq, but it sounded pretty big with it.

I also have the Bad Monkey and like that it lets you actually put a bit more bass in whereas the tubescreamer pulls out a little bass which helps tighten up some amps. The Bad Monkey doesn't seem to add harmonic content in the way a tubescreamer does, though, IMO.

• Members

Ahh.. Gotta have some harmonic content though.
And they probly like the rythem channel boosted
because it has more bass. So it probly evens
it out when the pedal sucks a lil bass out.

Not to mention the resonance, and bass knob
on the amp should have no problems fixing that.
Its got plenty of beasty bass to go around.

Because i was thinking get the sd1, and mod it
to the ts 808 tone. :evil:

And save some money.

• Members

I use and SD1 and couldn't be happier, though I'll probably buy a maxon od808 soon enough and give it a shot - you can never have enough od pedals.

I like boosting the lead channel more than the rhythm channel. Keep the pre-gain low (2-3) and it should sound killer.:thu:

• Members
Originally posted by The Idiot

I use and SD1 and couldn't be happier, though I'll probably buy a maxon od808 soon enough and give it a shot - you can never have enough od pedals.

I like boosting the lead channel more than the rhythm channel. Keep the pre-gain low (2-3) and it should sound killer.
:thu:

Well idiot boy... I agree with you.

Do the ts808 mod yourself!!

Archived