Isis Gear?

-DOOM-

• Members

Aaron uses a Sunn Model T with a bunch of effects - Last time I saw them he had a couple of Hughes and Kettner Fuzz pedals.
The other guy uses a Mesa V-Twin pre amp with a Crown poweramp, and I think he was boosting that aswell.
The keyboard/samples guy uses a JC-120.
Rich

• Members

good job D - awesome pics.......Here's the problem though- I can't make out what's being used......

At this point, I'm trying to determine what pedals they may be using (in total / combination), to gauge how the sounds interact.

I love the tone / buzz on the new album and, apart from studio trickery, wonder how they get this sound;boosting their gain channel, though I can't be sure. I've yet to catch a gig as I'm in Australia - they pop down Jan / Feb next year.....

• Members
Originally posted by Ultron

that bands sounds better live than on CD...based on seeing them open for TOOL....and that was in a {censored}ty arena. They need to tour a smaller venue with Agalloch, and maybe even Porcupine Tree.
:love:

the tool show they were supposed to open for got cancelled here :mad:

they still rocked the next time though :D

• Members

Originally posted by metalcore

Fuzz pedals into clean amps would be my guess.

that's basically the deal. Mike Gallagher has a mesa V-twin preamp through a SS poweramp, and switches between a LPC and a PRSE Santana SE that Aaron used to play back in, like... the Celestial days. Aaron Truner used the same until very recently, when it changed to a clean Sunn Model-T, with some dirtbox i've never been able to identify up front. and now uses a Delux Tele and a LP Standard with some kind of trembucker for the Beginning and the End and the rare instances where Hym or Celestial show up on setlists.

as far as pedals go.... i have no {censored}ing idea. lemme see if i can dig up some other photos.

• Members

Originally posted by bullhead

that's basically the deal. Mike Gallagher has a mesa V-twin preamp through a SS poweramp, and switches between a LPC and a PRSE Santana SE that Aaron used to play back in, like... the Celestial days. Aaron Truner used the same until very recently, when it changed to a clean Sunn Model-T, with some dirtbox i've never been able to identify up front. and now uses a Delux Tele and a LP Standard with some kind of trembucker for the Beginning and the End and the rare instances where Hym or Celestial show up on setlists.

as far as pedals go.... i have no {censored}ing idea. lemme see if i can dig up some other photos.

Look at the vid I posted earlier. You can see some of their pedals.

• Members

Originally posted by anti-flag193

I'm probably gunna go see them Jesu and Torche at the Irving Plaza on March 14th.

Such a good show!!!

Torche {censored}ing kills it! We played with them last time they came through it was crusing! the bottles of booze were rattling off of the wall it was great.

• Members
1.jpg
Pic1:
jim dunlop ts-1 tremelo stereo pan
boss ge-7
boss rv-3?
boss rc-20
moogerfooger mf-102 ring modulator
moogerfooger mf-103 12 step phaser
boss tu-2
mesa boogie rectifier footswitch

2.jpg
pic2:
boss tu-2
boss dd-?
boss rv-?
boss ps-3
boss ge-7
fulltone bass drive?

3.jpg
pic3:
hughes and kettner tube factor
boss rv-3
line 6 dl-4
line 6 dl-4
moogerfooger mf-102 ring modulator

4.jpg
line 6 dl-4
boss ps-3 w/ external footswitch
boss rv-3
boss dd-?
ibanez fl-9
boss ps-2
boss ge-7
boss tu-2

5.jpg
snarling dogs super bawl whine o wah
boss ge-7
boss ph-2
boss tu-2

6.jpg
Just a better shot of the second pic. I don't know what the black thing with the knobs are though.

These pictures are not mine, I honestly can't remember where I got them from though.

• Members

H - Good job mate....cheers!!!:thu: :thu: :thu:

So may pedals, well, far too many for me IMHO - not really interested in the whole tap dance routine......

Can anyone recommend a good fuzz pedal that will deliver a crisp / rounded, full type tone and not that ferral 'bee's in a bottle' rubbish.

I'm looking at a simple setup (JMP etc). I'll have to suss out these pics further and use that as a starting point.

N.B: - This is coming from someone looking to move from the doom / death kit, through to the doom / stoner heavy groove thing.

Any help guys is well received. Cheers:thu:

• Members

Originally posted by .homewrecker.

Check out a Big Muff and any varient, It sounds awesome into a cranked JMP.

Nice - I'll get my hands on one of those. With this approach, are you still recommending the pedal through the clean???

I would have thought using it as a clean / mild dirty boost on top of the dirty chanel....

Archived