A little late...But I just got Mastodon's Blood Mountain....WOW

WillShrdForFood

• Members

This is great! Its almost impossible not to love this stuff! The vocal's are very different from your typical metal vocals, but I love them. The tone and overall production of the album is fantastic! Very tasty players Brent and Bill are, and Brann is a {censored}ing MONSTER drummer too. Brann is probably my favorite metal drummer ever, he doesnt have an obnoxiously huge drumset and walls of cymbal's like lots of drummers (*cough* Portnoy) and he's so {censored}ing amazing. Their vocalist, to me, sounds like he has somewhat of a Tom Araya influence, except he's lightyears better. All in all, this album gets a big :thu:

• Members

I like them, but it sounds like they never found a singer and said {censored} it, we will do it ourselves.

The drummer overplays IMHO, i don't need to hear a drum fill every 5 seconds. I'm sure he's good but he should cut down on the caffiene.

• Members

Originally posted by danyeo

I like them, but it sounds like they never found a singer and said {censored} it, we will do it ourselves.

that is what happened they started as a 5 piece but the singer left.

going to see them in Jan in Orlando

• Members

The drummer overplays IMHO, i don't need to hear a drum fill every 5 seconds. I'm sure he's good but he should cut down on the caffiene.

Yeah he does do a lot of fills but it doesnt bother me too much. This video of him is pretty sweet. Hes a goofy mother{censored}er too. His interviews in the Killadephia or Killswitch Engage (cant remember which) DVD were pretty funny.

• Members

I actually love the vocals, especially the combo of them on Sleeping Giant

Archived