OT? When you walk into a guitar shop....

Vanny

• Members

Usually the riffs I'm in the process of writing... Just to see how they sound with another setup. Almost always attracts attention when you play something catchy and play it well. BTW, 90% of the people in Guitar Center who can play some guitar immediately proceed to playing sloppy sweep arpegios. Does anyone know what might possibly be the reason behind that? :freak:

Another thing is that I never play with cheap gear in a shop. Last time I plugged in a JEM into an F50 for instance... Didn't much like it at all. My fave so far was the Ernie Ball Petrucci sig into a Road King :love:

Schecter Hellraiser into Single Recto wasn't too shabby either.

• Members

For a test in a high gain amp I palm mute Man On a Silver Mountain in E. If it's tight then it's a keeper for the most part. Also a good riff to EQ by for me. For cleans I try to get the first lick of Pride and Joy to a nice rich, thick clean sound. With effects I use the opening lick in Shine On You Crazy Diamond or Us and Them. I got one for almost every application when I do a basic run through on something new.

• Members

mainly I play enter teh sandman, then i butcher the master of teh puppets intro riff then stop after taht since i dont have it all memorized yet. Then to show all teh noobs there that i am diversified I play teh intro riff to black dog, i havnt memorized taht one either, and then I play symbiotic in theory.

• Members

Originally posted by noseminer

mainly I play enter teh sandman, then i butcher the master of teh puppets intro riff then stop after taht since i dont have it all memorized yet. Then to show all teh noobs there that i am diversified I play teh intro riff to black dog, i havnt memorized taht one either, and then I play symbiotic in theory.

Don't know all of MoP yet? This is an INSULT to all that is metal :mad: How dare you!!!

:D

• Members

Really>!??!?!?? In all honestly I jam out smells like teen spirit in 3 different keys to show my extensive music theory knowledge.

• Members

I play it wif all up strokes too, its just easier taht way.

Nay, nay, 'tis high blasphemy :(

I once actually sat down and practiced my azz off just to prove myself I could play MoP at album speed. Still can barely do it though... Hetfield was such a monster back in the day :eek:

• Members

basic stuff, power chords, shredding, tapping, then test out the cleans and stuff, simple is better cuz it lets me play attention to the tone and not what im trying to play

i hate it whe ppl look at u for playing crappy simple things, but its the best way of testing an amp, is to let the amp impress u and not try to impresse those who watch or walk by as addicting as it can be

• Members

Holy {censored}, you've heard me playing in GC haven't you? ;-)

• Members

I don't play anything.

I give the guitar to the salesguy, and then I punch him in the throat.

If I like the sound the guitar makes when it hits the ground, I buy it.

If I don't, I punch the saleguy in the throat again, break the high "E" string so that he'll have to restring it, and then I leave.

:mad:

• Members

Originally posted by Ballfuzz

Yes let's all make fun of people who can't play guitar or are just learning what they like!
:rolleyes:

On another note, a local store here has a sign saying "No Metallica Songs allowed".

Interesting.

Anyways the note of band?

Archived