Approximately $800 cad to spend on an amp...

Bassified

• Members

...that is two channels with an awesome cleans and an awesome overdrive. Not really nu-metal high gain, but more of indie or mid-gain tones in the overdrive category.

30 to 50 watts for a tube amp and at least 60 watts for a solid state amp. If it's a combo, must be under 50 lbs! Convenience is important. I wouldn't mind swinging for a decent head with a 2x12 or 1x12 cabinet. Like an F-30 with a compact cabinet. Anyways, will go used if necessary.

Thanks for looking!

• Members

Originally posted by Pr3Va1L

Well, I have my Crate Blue Voodoo 50w 112 combo I have up for sale... PM me if you want info!

It's a 50w 2 channel amp (+distortion boost)... Very versatile too...

Thanks for the heads up, but I'll pass.

By the way, let me make myself clear. If it's a head and cab you guys are going to recommend, I am looking for a head which is under 50 lbs, preferbly under 40, and also a seperate cab under 40 lbs.

• Members

Originally posted by Panopticon

Maybe a used Tremoverb? Its the only boogie that i have really liked besides the Maverick.

Hm, isn't that leaning towards the nu-metal gains?

Cleans are important. Something with sparkle and warmth.

As for distortion, I'm not looking for 5150 or Dual Rec distortion. Mid gains. Hm, would the Studio .22 and Mesa F-30 be good for mid-gains? I do like the drive on the F-30, but want to consider some other options as I enter that price range.

What else? :)

Archived