A thread for the guys with just one rig.

BAZGUITARMAN

• Members

I don`t have a seperate rig for every little tone I want. I don`t have four or five different amps for my basic tones, a rack full of effects units and a truck load of assorted crap.

I have my main rig which covers all metal that I do. One small rig that`s a dedicated blues rig and one very small acoustic rig.

I`m pretty damn poor and jealous so I`m just going to say this....

No "real" guitarist needs all that {censored}.

Poor, single rig brothers unite!!!!!

Eric

• Replies 81
  • Created
  • Last Reply
  • Members
Originally posted by BAZGUITARMAN

I don`t have a seperate rig for every little tone I want. I don`t have four or five different amps for my basic tones, a rack full of effects units and a truck load of assorted crap.

I have my main rig which covers all metal that I do. One small rig that`s a dedicated blues rig and one very small acoustic rig.

I`m pretty damn poor and jealous so I`m just going to say this....

No "real" guitarist needs all that {censored}.

Poor, single rig brothers unite!!!!!

Eric

You sure got a lot of NICE stuff listed in your sig. :thu:

• Members

peavey ultra head, vader 2x12, and a couple things on the floor. visual sound h2o chorus/echo/delay, bad monkey, fish and chips eq, and foot switch. for me that amount of pedals is pushing it. i am a minimalist by nature so less is always better for me. oh yea and 1 guitar right now.

• Members
Originally posted by sixthsense

I feel ya man. I only have a Red Bear mk60 w/ red bear 4x12(v30-loaded), and only have one guitar now: Godin exit 22...oh and two pedals: bad monkey and DD3. peace

For a long time, I used a minimalist setup because that was all I had and it worked great, because my needs were simpler back then.

I like having the versatility of being able to choose to use a larger setup now, though I don't have to use all the big gear, though it's nice being able to, if I want.

It's not about needing all the gear, it's about choosing the correct toolbox for the job. Some guys don't "need" a toolbox to work on Formula one race cars, they may only need a toolbox, to fix a flat on a Yugo.

The coolest thing about having built ones dream setup, is that you're not limited by your gear, only your imagination. :thu:

• Members
Originally posted by Zachman

You sure got a lot of NICE stuff listed in your sig.
:thu:

Yeah, but don`t tell anyone.......I don`t actually own any of that stuff. In fact, I don`t even play guitar. I`m actually an alien from the planet Ork. And I`m here to study this human curiosity known as music.....:freak:

Eric

P.S.- But if I did actually play guitar I would still only need my one main rig.

• Members
Originally posted by BAZGUITARMAN

Yeah, but don`t tell anyone.......I don`t actually own any of that stuff. In fact, I don`t even play guitar. I`m actually an alien from the planet Ork. And I`m here to study this human curiosity known as music.....
:freak:

Eric

P.S.- But if I did actually play guitar I would still only need my one main rig.

You got it. When I only played one genre of music, I only needed one rig too. It's tough when you travel and try to do gigs though, sometimes your gear is going somewhere else and you have to do a last minute gig, or your rig is in the studio setup and mic'd ready for you in the morning and you have live performances to do, it's nice having choices. :thu:

• Members
Originally posted by Zachman

You got it. When I only played one genre of music, I only needed one rig too. It's tough when you travel and try to do gigs though, sometimes your gear is going somewhere else and you have to do a last minute gig, or your rig is in the studio setup and mic'd ready for you in the morning and you have live performances to do, it's nice having choices.
:thu:

HAHAHA....I`m just f`n around with you bro. I saw the other thread and thought I would start this one just to be a smart ass.

I actually do believe in running seperate rigs for different stuff. My main rig is pretty simple. The 5150 II covers my basic "metal" needs with a passable "clean" tone, good crunch and great heavy rhythm/lead tone. I can do most of my music with just that amp and my pedal board.

I do have a second, dedicated rig I`m building for my blues stuff. It`s just my Ibanez semi-hollow running through my VJ head and an Avatar 2x12 loaded with greenbacks. I just bought a bad monkey to put up front for solo boost and I`ll add a good warm wah. That will be it for that one.

And of course I definitaly believe in a seperate acoustic rig. Although I keep it simple there too. Just a Fender Acoustasonic Jr. DSP and my Alvarez acoustic/electric.

Of course, keep in mind that I have not gigged out in about 12 or 15 years. When I start my new project this year, every thing is liable to change.

Eric

Archived