Can I switch channels on an F-50 with a POD XTLive?

guitardude24

• Members

I really want a small but powerful rig and I've decided that once the funds are there, I'll be buying a used Mesa F-50 Combo!

The only concern is that I want to be able to have one stomp channel/effects switching with my pedalboard. I've considered the G-Major/FCB1010 option and the POD XTLive option for effects/pedalboard.

I know the XTLive has Midi in and out, but the F-50 isn't Midi switching, so is there a cheap and easy solution to make it possible to switch the channels on the F-50 by using the XTLive?

Also, what about if I went the G-Major/FCB1010 route?

Thanks!

• Members

Originally posted by guitardude24

I really want a small but powerful rig and I've decided that once the funds are there, I'll be buying a used Mesa F-50 Combo!

The only concern is that I want to be able to have one stomp channel/effects switching with my pedalboard. I've considered the G-Major/FCB1010 option and the POD XTLive option for effects/pedalboard.

I know the XTLive has Midi in and out, but the F-50 isn't Midi switching, so is there a cheap and easy solution to make it possible to switch the channels on the F-50 by using the XTLive?

Thanks!

Seek ye out the village F50 elders, Dann's The Man and Hal9000.

• Members
Originally posted by guitardude24

Thanks!

Yes it's possible with the XTLive - hal9000 ran his rig this way for a while. It does have some limitations with the flexibility, and Neil (hal9000) went the G-Major/FCB-1010 route in the end. You can read all about it in the G-Major Midi Controller Tips thread. :)

Big smiles,

Andy.

Archived