Les Paul Studio - Pickup Recommendations

tnourse

• Members
Originally posted by StringBreaker

try the 85 in the bridge, hopefully the pups wil be quickconnect ones.

You might like the 85 there.

Thanks! I'll give that a try. Cheap and easy! Gotta love that!

Yes....the EMGs are quick-connects.

:thu:

• Members

Originally posted by The Boogie Man

If you want classic LP HB sound check out GFS pickups, they have some good prices on PAF and aftermarket types, I put one on my Tele neck and just love the tone. I've never liked EMG's much. I would go for the slightly hotter in the bridge and a stock in the neck. Been thinking of replacing the pups in my Epi SG cause they are starting to feedback after 12 years of heavy playing. But here's a little trick I learned many years ago, hit them with the hairdrier to remelt the wax to fix the vibration from a lose wire. I've done this trick to Fender pups and it worked, so it may work on my SG HB's.

Thanks. I'll check them out...

• Members
Originally posted by cobrahead1030

definitely check that out then, i didn't think i'd like the 85 in the bridge...but i was pleasantly surprised
:thu:

Cool. Do you normally like a 81 in the neck? I'm not as picky with my neck pickup as I am with the bridge.

• Members
Originally posted by tnourse

Cool. Do you normally like a 81 in the neck? I'm not as picky with my neck pickup as I am with the bridge.

IMO I prefer something else in the neck if the 85 is in the bridge because the 85 makes it sound super thin by comparison...something like another 85, an 89, or a 60. Whatever you want.

:)

• Members
Originally posted by bob the dentist

IMO I prefer something else in the neck if the 85 is in the bridge because the 85 makes it sound super thin by comparison...something like another 85, an 89, or a 60. Whatever you want.

Thanks for the input. I'll check it out tomorrow when I swap the EMGs around.

Archived