whats a good amp?

issicus

• Members

I am looking for a cheap {censored}in set up for my electric guitar. you can get 4 celestion (marshall) speakers for like $80 so I was thinking it would be cheaper to buy those, and buy ether a guitar head or just get some power amp.

I got one of those boss multi effect pedels so I don't need the effects/distortion a guitar head would have.

I know people use power amps for guitars, and was wondering how well it works/whats the difference between a head and just some amp as far as clearity of the sound. I don't want to buy an amp only to find some dumb quirk or something... any recomendations ? thanks

• Members

I recommend a 240 volt pedal for your setup.

just put 4 wires into the power outlet on your trailer, strip 3 of the wires with your tooth,(the front one) ..
and jam them 3 into the hole on your amp-the one that says Input.
If you can..............................
strap on your guitar and plug into the hole that says SPEAKER.

This is where you will get your 240v AC (not {censored}ing DC) for the pedal--PM me for a schematic.

• Members
Originally posted by issicus

Wolfeman28: check ebay...

acctually i don't think the hamster powered generator i use is capable of putting out that kind of voltage...

i guess i would try making my own amp though. know any good sites?

Show me where four healthy Celestions sold on Ebay for $80.

• Members

I am looking for a cheap {censored}in set up for my electric guitar. you can get 4 celestion (marshall) speakers for like $80 so I was thinking it would be cheaper to buy those, and buy ether a guitar head or just get some power amp.

I got one of those boss multi effect pedels so I don't need the effects/distortion a guitar head would have.

I know people use power amps for guitars, and was wondering how well it works/whats the difference between a head and just some amp as far as clearity of the sound. I don't want to buy an amp only to find some dumb quirk or something... any recomendations ? thanks

celestion makes several different types of speakers-- i dont know if you got 4 of them for 80 bucks and i dont really give a rats ass.

if you did they might not work- but anyways-

you will need to build a cabinet for them- you are aware of this yes?

and by 'multi-effects' you mean the boss multi effects unit?- or like a modelling pedalboard or what? isn't the multi-effects unit only for effects?...... i dunno- anyways---

if you're looking to go cheap- just get a used tech21 power engine60 to use with your pedalboard. it is a 1x12 that has no tone shaping of its own-- it is only transparent power for modelling units.

or if you want to get a real "amplifier"- make sure you get one with a clean chanel so you can run the modeller through it.

• Members

So I lost track, either you have speakers, or you don't??? Either way, you need them. Get a cab, or make one, get an empty cab and put speakers in it....whatever. Then get a crate powerblock. They are like $80 bucks used and they have 150watts of stereo power. Run your effects in front and you're good to go.

• Members

that thing looks {censored}ed.. i think i would lose it. it's so {censored}in small. I like the tone controls though.

Im just to lazy to look for this {censored}.. there must be a hundred amps that would work. maybe ill just build one...

• Members

that thing looks {censored}ed.. i think i would lose it. it's so {censored}in small. I like the tone controls though.

Im just to lazy to look for this {censored}.. there must be a hundred amps that would work. maybe ill just build one...

too lazy to research what kind of amplifier you want/need:freak:

just give up now.

Archived