What are some fun music instruments when travelling?

Stabby

• Replies 54
  • Created
  • Last Reply
  • Members

Low tech, hope it's not a dumb question, can't find the answer: Does anyone make a small battery powered toy piano which can be pitch adjusted? I sometimes would just like to go over a few chords when in the car, and am not very concerned with sound quality. Because of my ear, I really get messed up if the pitch is not correct.

Small keys are ok.

• Members

deffo get a DSi or DSi XL for the DS-10+. Most or all of the upgraded program's improvements are not available on a DS Lite or Phat plus the newer DS's have better sound outputs. My DS Lite is pretty terrible.

Anyone here get a chance to try the M-01 [the Korg M-1 emulation for the DSi]? It's sadly a Japan only release although you can order it through some E-Bay sellers if you want to pay the premium.

• Members

I think playing an EWI with headphones on a train would earn you funny looks. Doing it on a plane would probably involve uncomfortable scrutiny from the air marshal.

Yes, on a plane but not a train (so far)... and on a bus I get no fuss... and in the park and in the dark...

Air security causes no problems... airport security have seen the thing on their X-rays many times, but only once did they asked me to take it out and turn it on.

Most people who see me blissing out on the EWI with headphones on are curious... Me no care.

Archived