Bert Smorenburg on Yamaha MOX Synths at MPS Show

• Members

If I ever meet Bert Smorgenbugerenenrt of whatever he's called, I'm going to shove an S90XS and all it's great features (harmonics, dropped notes etc) where the sun don't shine.

Let's just say I shall never buy another piece of equipment based on 'his' recommendations. Never trust someone that is being paid to say stuff. It is, I believe, called advertising and I don't care how good a player he is.

• Members

If I ever meet Bert Smorgenbugerenenrt of whatever he's called, I'm going to shove an S90XS and all it's great features (harmonics, dropped notes etc) where the sun don't shine.

Let's just say I shall never buy another piece of equipment based on 'his' recommendations.
Never trust someone that is being paid to say stuff.
It is, I believe, called advertising and I don't care how good a player he is.

I think that's like the first rule of existing on earth.

Anyway, I'm quite pleased with my new MOX, and I'm not being paid to say that :lol:

• Members

Let's just say I shall never buy another piece of equipment based on 'his' recommendations. Never trust someone that is being paid to say stuff. It is, I believe, called advertising and I don't care how good a player he is.

Sounds like you have issues.

Please don't make imflammatory statements like that with out stating any facts. It makes you look like the immature one.

Also, from the Bert Smorenburg videos that I saw, he is demoing the equipment (very well, in fact) and not merely making recommendations.

Of course, he is advertising.

How long have you been playing/performing?

• Members

Playing a long time. Not great at it though. Performing, just started. Had my first 'solo' session tonight. Admittedly in a nursing home. Captive audience :)

Yes, I have some 'issues' with the s90/70xs. Long story, not worth going into again. Just ignore me, every one else does LOL (I don't mind. I got to the age where it's not that important to me any more!).

• Members

:)

PLease tell me you didn't buy the S90XS based on his recommendations. He's really just demoing the instruments in video format, and of course he's going to say or suggest the keyboard is the greatest thing ever created, that's his job.

If he says something that is not true, in order to mislead someone to buy it, then of course that is another matter. In that case, it should be addressed with the appropriate authorities, because it is then false advertising.

Before making any purchase, I spend days on the internet, searching reviews, user comments, forums, etc, to see what everyone is saying about it.

His enthusiasm is contagious.:)

• Members

Before making any purchase, I spend days on the internet, searching reviews, user comments, forums, etc, to see what everyone is saying about it.

His enthusiasm is contagious.

Yes, but as helpful as he is sometimes, Bert talks too much!

:freak:

• Members

Yes, but as helpful as he is sometimes, Bert talks too much!

I think it's funny that he always says that when you want to reCORD something, you press the RECord button. While the word can be pronounced both ways, the different pronunciations imply different meanings. Since the function of the button is to reCORD, it would seem much more sensible to call it the reCORD button.

But hey, he speaks two languages (at least), which is more than I can say for myself...

Archived