Pictures from the HC/KSS Midwest Gathering 2011

• Members

absolutely fantastic. The comments are spot on. Thanks for documenting another monumental gathering...

By the way, after a full night of synthesizers, did you decide what kind of keyboard you were looking to get?

• Members

I was worried about McHale's reputation after seeing him consort with so many synths whose manufacturer's names didn't begin with "K".

wait wait wait. I saw an OASYS, a few Electribes, a monotron, a Wavestation, a RADIAS, and a Z1. You mean there were other synths there?! I didn't even see 'em!

• Members

Mediterraraeraeaenan you must be 'shopping some of these as we speak?

lol Bonso. It did NOT even cross my mind [... until I read what you typed]

The photos you haven't seen [i was there lol]:

mchalebusted.jpg

Then moments later, after hearing the sound...

mchaleholy.png

• Members

they're not blue ... they're PLURple!

and yeah thats hundreds-years-old barnwood endcaps. the factory caps were ugly and also beat-to-hell.

it also has the Europa upgrade, and all new potentiometers. i think it needs a little calibration but other than that it kicks ass.

• Members

Blue rotary knobs and wooden sidepanels on a
JP8?

:cop: That thing is called JP-6.

Don't believe everything you read! - i.e. "towers not falling at the free fall speed, blah blah..." etc.

Knowledge will tell you JP-8 has an egg cooking facility on its backs which clearly this synth - does not have. So it's not a JP-8.

• 2 weeks later...
  • Members

Do i see Ramsa somewhere there?

If so, you're my new hero!

Yeah. Panasonic Ramsa WR4412. All I ever had before was a Mackie; it's spoiled me. There's no going back now.

I'm figuring I'll wait until this "electronic" sound processing fad blows over and pick up an SSL cheap on eBay next.

Archived