SOT: NO more tears, mama im comin home, bass tone

guitarist17

• Members

Am I the only one that thinks this sounds completely and utterly amazing? The part in the beginning when zakk is playing the acoustic, and the bass player slides up to the A........it is just the biggest thing I've ever heard in my entire life, it feels like a mountain is moving....unbelievable...now the question, how do you get that bass tone? haha

Chris

• Members

Am I the only one that thinks this sounds completely and utterly amazing? The part in the beginning when zakk is playing the acoustic, and the bass player slides up to the A........it is just the biggest thing I've ever heard in my entire life, it feels like a mountain is moving....unbelievable...now the question, how do you get that bass tone? haha

Chris

A state of the art studio?

• Members

Chris

You must be listening with an amazing subwoofer, cuz I don't hear anything larger than life here on Sennheiser 280s, only phones. Sounds very good, but I don't get the utterly amazing part. I must need that sub. Another good bass tone I like is No more tears.

One tone that really sticks in my mind is George Lynch's Sacred Groove, the Beast, part I.

There's this hardcore band called RKL that has some gnarly bass playing.

• Members

forget that noise brother! You want to hear the hugest bass tone of all time? Check out the King's X cd "Live All over the Place". Your life will be changed
:thu:

sounds like Ampeg to me ..

WERD!!!!!!! +1,000,000,000

Doug has the most badass hardrock bass tone of all time, and "Live All Over The Place" is a great example. For studio stuff check out the "Dogman" record. That was the first record they recorded where his tone was truely captured in all it's glory. :cool:

• Members

I'm not sure what Inez used on the NMT album, but I do like his tone on that album. I wish my bass player would pay more attention to his tone. He equates volume with tone... lol. But then it's not hard to be loud with an Ampeg SVT4 Pro. :D

Archived