Crate GX-412XSa speaker upgrade??

wylderubicon

• Members

Hi, I recently got this 4x12 cab, and I'm playing it through a Crate V30H head. The cab sound like crap. sounds thin flat and dull. The cab it self is in perfect condition. I noticed that this is the lightest cab I've ever pick up.. I tried using a Peavey Supreme Head and got similar sound results, so is it the speakers or the design of this cabinet?.

Do you recomend reaplacing the speakers with Greenbacks( or other) Or selling the cab not worth the speaker change?

thanks

• Members

Hi, I recently got this 4x12 cab, and I'm playing it through a Crate V30H head. The cab sound like crap. sounds thin flat and dull. The cab it self is in perfect condition. I noticed that this is the lightest cab I've ever pick up.. I tried using a Peavey Supreme Head and got similar sound results, so is it the speakers or the design of this cabinet?.

Do you recomend reaplacing the speakers with Greenbacks( or other) Or selling the cab not worth the speaker change?

thanks

I love that cab stock. The cheap stock speakers aren't real efficient which allows me to push my head harder. The speakers remind me of the old skool Jensens.

Archived