New invention: impedance converter

mmmiddle

• Members

I dreamed this up today-well, the concept at least. What if there was a box that you could hook up to any amp. It accepts 2, 4, 8, or 16 ohms from the amp, and then you use a second speaker cable to output to any other ohm rating.

You could make some money with something like that. Never again worry that your amp will work with someone's backline, a buddy's speaker cab, or whatever.

:idea: :idea: :idea:

• Members

I think that the weber mass attenuates and doubles for this function
:thu:

the mass will work with amps and cabs with different impedances, but it's not made to be able to match impedances (in other words, if you have an 8 ohm amp and an 8 ohm cab and a 16 ohm amp and a 16 ohm cab, you can use the mass with both setups (8 with 8 and 16 with 16), but it's not designed to be used with the 8 ohm amp and the 16 ohm cab, for example.

I used to have a z-matcher and thought it worked really well. very transparent. (as others have mentioned, it's basically just an autoformer (a transformer with one winding))

• Members

the mass will work with amps and cabs with different impedances, but it's not made to be able to match impedances (in other words, if you have an 8 ohm amp and an 8 ohm cab and a 16 ohm amp and a 16 ohm cab, you can use the mass with both setups (8 with 8 and 16 with 16), but it's not designed to be used with the 8 ohm amp and the 16 ohm cab, for example.

I used to have a z-matcher and thought it worked really well. very transparent. (as others have mentioned, it's basically just an autoformer (a transformer with one winding))

Ah right on, well thats pretty sweet anyhow. Good to know!

How is the mass vs. hotplate?

Archived