Opeth are Epic

Random Hero

• Replies 70
  • Created
  • Last Reply
  • Members
Why does everyone overlook Morningrise? Even My Arms Your Hearse hasn't been mentioned. Morningrise is my favorite...perhaps because when I first started listening to Opeth, Morningrise and Orchid were the only choices. Noobs
:p
(j/k btw)

i like orchid, but i have to remember to press stop before that bous track starts playing.

the production on that track = :freak:

• Members

i have Deliverance. what other opeth albums are good to check out?

Deliverance is pretty heavy... If you're looking for heavy, slightly more technical stuff check out still life. If you're looking for something mellow check out damnation and if you're looking for an all round decent album which is slightly easier listening to check out blackwater park and ghost reveries.

Or the best option, get all four...

• 4 months later...
  • Members

nothign to add besidres that they're great... I truely believe that they'll earn their place in musical history someday.

I wonder what direction theyre heading at musically speaking.

Direction? I can't shake the feeling that after Opeth, Mikael will start a mellow band and he will take over the world with it. Our souls will all melt because of the emotion coming out of his fingers....the end is near.

• Members

great band..but like too many bands seem to be locked into doing what they do and not doing it as exciting as they did it 3-4 albums ago... there still the sameband , writing the same style of songs, but they just seem kind of "ehh" latley...

Black Water park was really awesome and seemed to be what they were building up too , damnation was a nice change , everything else has just been weaker version of what they did on BWP ...

I can almost predict in my mind what there new stuff will sound like without even hearing it... slow meandering heavy riff - spooky mellow verse with a mellotron and clean guitar and clean vocals, exploding into cookie monster fury , going into floyd -esque jazz odessy middle section and song fading out with repetitive - yet cool - riff

• Members

I dig these guys...not much to add here...I had a hard time getting past the guttural vocal style, because i despise that so much...but once i figured it had its place in the music, it all came together, and they really are an incredibly versatile group...

Great tunes, all of their albums have strong points :)

Archived