Anybody use a Fender Passport PA?

bluesboy

• Members

theyre awesome amps

lightweight, easy to use, and just a sweet sounding amp.

fender recomends for 300 people but it will easily do 1000.

snatch it while you still can

cool, glad to hear it. i snagged the whole setup for $400 plus shipping... they're $600 at MF, and that's a sale price. It wont be there for practice this week, but it will be for next week for sure. If only I sang better lol

• Members

cool, glad to hear it. i snagged the whole setup for $400 plus shipping... they're $600 at MF, and that's a sale price. It wont be there for practice this week, but it will be for next week for sure. If only I sang better lol

Good Find! I was really skeptical when they came out initially, but they blew me away. Very compact, very portable, very good sound quality. Congrats.

Wes

• Members
I believe someone is fibbing. They are pretty juvenile. Kind of the Kenner's Close-n-Play PA equivolent. A small powered mixer and a couple of decent wedges would be about the same price and much more useful.

Something like the old Mr Microphones.....:D I'd like to know where they found the 250 watts in there?!?

• Members

Do not buy a PA system based on recommedations at the amp forum. Go to the live sound form.

Alltubeguy is a complete dip{censored}.

You can use this at practice OK (barely). But it will not do a rock show for 300 people. It could do oldies at the Moose Club though.

Too many amp forum guys think they need a $2500 + guitar rig, and then you can simply add a $400 PA for vocals.

Ooh... $400 PA. Now everyone will come to see you!

• Members

guys, this is just for practice. right now there is only two of us... we both play guitar and i sing. The old singer took the old PA back recently, it was less powerful than this and was plenty loud for our practice needs (we dont play really loud). If we do happen to play a show as a two-piece, it would be a very very small venue, like a small dive bar or a coffee-house, etc.

My whole point of getting this was not based on anybody's opinion here... i placed my bid on ebay before i made my original post. I know that it's not great, but it will be better than singing through a 30 watt solid state guitar amp!

• Members

Yeah, I forgot that everyone who might stop by an amp forum can't possibly know anything about PA equipment. I actually have quite a bit of live and studio sound experience (more than I have with tube amps). I agree that the 1000 people venue was quite a bit of an exaggeration, but look at the OP's request. He stated that it was for a band practice that was not at high volume. I'd struggle to find anything in that price range that can do what the passport can especially in the area of portability. Sure, compared to a full featured separate mixer, it's juvenille, but no specifications were made for how complicated the OP wanted it. I didn't see any mention of sweepable mids, direct outs, or sub mixes. I think the Passport could do a small (200ish) rock show if it was only running vocals (as many 200ish rock shows do). It's a great setup for practice. Ease of use, portability, and quick setup are a pretty big deal, esp. for someone not incredibly familiar with PAs. The whole think will fit in the front seat of a car for cryin out loud!

To the OP, for what you are using it for, you will be pleasantly suprised. :thu:

Wes

• Members
Yeah, I forgot that everyone who might stop by an amp forum can't possibly know anything about PA equipment. I actually have quite a bit of live and studio sound experience (more than I have with tube amps). I agree that the 1000 people venue was quite a bit of an exaggeration, but look at the OP's request. He stated that it was for a band practice that was not at high volume. I'd struggle to find anything in that price range that can do what the passport can especially in the area of portability. Sure, compared to a full featured separate mixer, it's juvenille, but no specifications were made for how complicated the OP wanted it. I didn't see any mention of sweepable mids, direct outs, or sub mixes. I think the Passport could do a small (200ish) rock show if it was only running vocals (as many 200ish rock shows do). It's a great setup for practice. Ease of use, portability, and quick setup are a pretty big deal, esp. for someone not incredibly familiar with PAs. The whole think will fit in the front seat of a car for cryin out loud!

To the OP, for what you are using it for, you will be pleasantly suprised.
:thu:

Wes

that pretty much sums it up. i actually plan to eventually use it for practice with two groups, both of which play at lower volumes. portability is therefore key, and it will be used for vocals only. could i get something much better for $400 that is this portable? I think not

• Members

Do not buy a PA system based on recommedations at the amp forum. Go to the live sound form.

Alltubeguy is a complete dip{censored}.

You can use this at practice OK (barely). But it will not do a rock show for 300 people. It could do oldies at the Moose Club though.

Too many amp forum guys think they need a $2500 + guitar rig, and then you can simply add a $400 PA for vocals.

Ooh... $400 PA. Now everyone will come to see you!

I did an auditorium with 1400 seats with it just the other night.

it was clean and clear and went right above a 5 piece band

say what you will but it works, it just works

i ask you, why pay 2.5 grand for a PA when you can get one for 400 that will work fine.

Archived