OT: City of Boston - dumbest city ever!!!!

bullhead

• Members

first, i'm from boston and it's nothing to do with the inhabitants.. but the city officials shock me consistently with their inane dumbassery

http://today.reuters.com/news/articlenews.aspx?type=topNews&storyid=2007-02-01T040613Z_01_N31216023_RTRUKOC_0_US-SECURITY-BOSTON.xml&src=rss

- A television network's marketing campaign went badly awry on Wednesday, causing a day-long security scare in Boston that closed bridges, shut major roads and put hundreds of police on alert....

... Police mistook the small, battery-powered electronic billboards as possible improvised bombs...

... The billboards, encased in dark plastic, consisted of blinking lights wired to an electronic circuit board to project an animated cartoon image in an outdoor promotion for a show on Turner's Cartoon Network called "Aqua Teen Hunger Force."...

they were better when Whitey still owned them.

• Replies 117
  • Created
  • Last Reply
  • Members

I live in Taunton, and when I saw that on the news conference, and they were being all serious and {censored}... then they pulled the light board thingy with the Mooninites on it, me and my wife just started dying laughing!! Idiots!

a kid from taunton (noodleface) posted this last night. When I seen it on the local news I was laughing so much.

• Members

The problem is most people aren't "in the know" when it comes to Aqua Teen Hunger Force.

The fact is that electronic devices were found attatched to public property along major routes of transportation in one of this country's largest cities. We live in a time of constant threat of a terrorist attack. Of course people are going to get paranoid when an electronic device of unknown origin is found attatched to a bridge. Hell, most people get nervous when brown people sit next to them on an airplane.

The dumbass PR firm who set up this plan should've cleared it with the city.

• Members
I still can't believe that the mayor and {censored} is all pissed off and wants to sue Turner.... It makes no sense to blame someone else for your stupidity.

What's worse is the poor, struggling artist that was hired to create them and put them up is being now being {censored}ed over royally and is up on FEDERAL charges! :mad:

All I can say is -- congratulations George Bush. Your manipulation of the Terror Threat Alert system as a means to instill fear in people for your political gains has worked. Now we can't even look at a friggin Lite Bright cartoon character without shutting down an entire city!! :cry:

• Members
We live in a time of constant threat of a terrorist attack.

Do we really live under constant threat of terrorist attack? I hardly think so. But I think that's what politicians WANT you to think. Here, have some more kool aid.

They could have, but that's not what guerilla marketing is all about, now is it? :rolleyes:

p.s. These mooninite things are now being scoffed up in other cities and sold on Ebay. I saw one this morning that was like $800 already

• Members

We live in a time of constant threat of a terrorist attack.

Do we
really
live under constant threat of terrorist attack? I hardly think so. But I think that's what politicians WANT you to think. Here, have some more kool aid.

A few years ago who would've thought a box cutter and a Boeing 737 could be used to attack this country's infrastructure ?

Unless the Oklahoma City bombing, World Trade Center bombing, 9/11 etc were all filmed on the same soundstage as the Apollo moon landing ( cuz you KNOW the POLITICIANS just want us to believe we landed on the moon ) then you're sadly mistaken that we're not under threat.

• Members

The problem is most people aren't "in the know" when it comes to Aqua Teen Hunger Force.

The fact is that electronic devices were found attatched to public property along major routes of transportation in one of this country's largest cities. We live in a time of constant threat of a terrorist attack. Of course people are going to get paranoid when an electronic device of unknown origin is found attatched to a bridge. Hell, most people get nervous when brown people sit next to them on an airplane.

I agree.

Now the bombsquad prol' knew sooner than later that they devices were harmless but I think the city made a good move in blowing this whole thing out of proportion the way they did. (no pun intended). I know many folks' that arent from the East coast of the U.S. think the whole thing is silly but you have to understand that 911 happend on the East coast. Considering where the planes came from I think Boston has a right to be as paranoid and bull{censored} as they want to be about it.

• Members
A few years ago who would've thought a box cutter and a Boeing 737 could be used to attack this country's infrastructure ?

Unless the Oklahoma City bombing, World Trade Center bombing, 9/11 etc were all filmed on the same soundstage as the Apollo moon landing ( cuz you KNOW the POLITICIANS just want us to believe we landed on the moon ) then you're sadly mistaken that we're not under threat.

:wave:

Shut the {censored} up.

Archived