OT: To where have you travelled?

rememberduane

• Members

And what was your favorite?

I'm relatively young, but I've been to Chile, the US (used to live), England, Scotland (currently living), France, Canada, and the Bahamas.

Should be an interesting thread. Tell us why it was your favorite too if you like, and share travel stories. :thu:

• Members

I'm relatively young, but I've been to Chile, the US (used to live), England, Scotland (currently living), France, Canada, and the Bahamas.

Should be an interesting thread. Tell us why it was your favorite too if you like, and share travel stories.
:thu:

Throw a dart at a map of the world and chances are that I have been there. So many beautiful places and cultures that I couldnt pick a favorite; Different places carry favor for different things...

• Members

UK
America (8 states)
Bermuda
Holland
Barbados x 8
Hong Kong
Paris
Germany
Spain

I'd love to see more eastern cultures though, I think that the Michael Palin Series are absolutely amazing, I would LOVE to have the chance to do what he does, just travel around meeting and getting involved with new cultures. I highly reccomend that if you havnt seen his TV Series you try and catch them, My personal Favorite is Full Circle :)

• Members

Throw a dart at a map of the world and chances are that I have been there. So many beautiful places and cultures that I couldnt pick a favorite; Different places carry favor for different things...

Very cool stuff. Can I ask if you've been to Istanbul or Athens? I'm planning a trip, just my mom and I, this summer (my dad's paying but he can't come because of work) as my Dad and I's birthday present to here and as a light at the end of the tunnel for her rehab after her surgery. Any suggestions for either or places close-by to visit?

• Members

while in the navy- i went to chicago,philadelphia,cannes france,antalya tukey,haifa izreal,jerusalem izreal, bethlehem izreal, naples italy, trieste italy, sicily, halifax nova scotia, ft.lauderdale,FL, nassau bahamas, london UK, baharain saudi arabia(i think), lived in norfolk virginia for 3 years- malorca spain.... athens greece

since i've been a truck driver-- the only places i HAVENT been are- maine,new hampshire,vermont,connecticut, massachusettes, washington,oregon,idaho,montana,.... think that's it.

the western US is very beautifull. traveling from las vegas,NV to denver,CO (on the interstates) is really something to behold.
southern AZ is beautifull country.

the place i'd like to go back to the most is trieste,italy and sicily.

• Members

Very cool stuff. Can I ask if you've been to Istanbul or Athens? I'm planning a trip, just my mom and I, this summer (my dad's paying but he can't come because of work) as my Dad and I's birthday present to here and as a light at the end of the tunnel for her rehab after her surgery. Any suggestions for either or places close-by to visit?

I spent Christmas and New years in Athens with my wife 4 years ago. I hung out with Alex Flouros and Myron Stratis as well as a whole host of Greek people who were some of the best people that I have ever met... I had a blast

I have been to istanbul years ago and that was very cool as well but I dont think that I will be going back, the wife is of Cypriate descent...

It all depends on what you want to do... For Sun and sand, French Polynesia was INCREDIBLE... For some of the hottest babes on the planet, Helsinki Finland, Reyjavik Iceland and Sidney Australia kept my Hammer deep in The clam of some of the most beautiful women that I have ever seen anywhere( and they loved the fact taht I was American)

Prague is an Awesome City, lots of culture, great beer and hot women.... I Love Rome, awesome city with great food and nightlife as well as culture

Too friggin many places, you need to figure out what you want to do...

• Members

while in the navy- i went to chicago,philadelphia,cannes france,antalya tukey,haifa izreal,jerusalem izreal, bethlehem izreal, naples italy, trieste italy, sicily, halifax nova scotia, ft.lauderdale,FL, nassau bahamas, london UK, baharain saudi arabia(i think), lived in norfolk virginia for 3 years- malorca spain.... athens greece

since i've been a truck driver-- the only places i HAVENT been are- maine,new hampshire,vermont,connecticut, massachusettes, washington,oregon,idaho,montana,.... think that's it.

the western US is very beautifull. traveling from las vegas,NV to denver,CO (on the interstates) is really something to behold.

southern AZ is beautifull country.

the place i'd like to go back to the most is trieste,italy and sicily.

That's all very cool, but Israel, dude.

• Members

Should be an interesting thread. Tell us why it was your favorite too if you like, and share travel stories.
:thu:

Man, you guys are lucky!
I've been to about 20 U.S. states, vacation in Florida regulalry and also have family out in seattle -- very beautiful place. I've been to Niagara falls as well as some other famous landmarks.

My dream one day is just to take a trip to Europe with some buds and just go everywhere and do everything. I'd really like to go to Rome, Athens, England, France and Germany. I've always (since I was a little kid) wanted to visit Egypt and the Great Pyramids (yes, I know, not quite Europe). I'm really fascinated with ancient Egyptian culture and architecture-- so for one day to see it up close would be amazing. Some of my family used to live there and they're always telling me how awesome of a place it was.

• Members

I spent Christmas and New years in Athens with my wife 4 years ago. I hung out with Alex Flouros and Myron Stratis as well as a whole host of Greek people who were some of the best people that I have ever met... I had a blast

I have been to istanbul years ago and that was very cool as well but I dont think that I will be going back, the wife is of Cypriate descent...

It all depends on what you want to do... For Sun and sand, French Polynesia was INCREDIBLE... For some of the hottest babes on the planet, Helsinki Finland, Reyjavik Iceland and Sidney Australia kept my Hammer deep in The clam of some of the most beautiful women that I have ever seen anywhere( and they loved the fact taht I was American)

Prague is an Awesome City, lots of culture, great beer and hot women.... I Love Rome, awesome city with great food and nightlife as well as culture

Too friggin many places, you need to figure out what you want to do...

Thanks man! I think you misunderstood my question -- I was asking about suggestions around Athens and Istanbul. We're definitely going to both. My mom has wanted to see Athens since she was little, and I've been studying a lot about the Ottomans and Turks and have wanted to see Istanbul for a while now. Both should be lots of fun -- we're really looking to see historical stuff, landmarks, museums, and to experience some "real" culture while we're at it and it'd be really nice to see some great nature as well. We'll probably spend like 2 weeks between the two, so plenty of room for day trips and all as well, which is the other thing I was asking about.

Sounds like you've had a blast big man.

• Members
Ive been to Isreal as well( I dated a HOT Isreali Stripper years ago) and went with her and wow, it was beautiful and I had a great time but It was a Mofo keeping up the fake "Im a non practicing Jew" Act....

:D I'd really like to go to Israel one day. I mean {censored}, I want to go everywhere. Hopefully whatever I end up doing will allow for that. As you know Jason recently went, and I'm hoping to go with him when he goes back. We've talked about living on a Kibbutz for a year later on in life. :D

• Members

Thanks man! I think you misunderstood my question -- I was asking about suggestions around Athens and Istanbul. We're definitely going to both. My mom has wanted to see Athens since she was little, and I've been studying a lot about the Ottomans and Turks and have wanted to see Istanbul for a while now. Both should be lots of fun -- we're really looking to see historical stuff, landmarks, museums, and to experience some "real" culture while we're at it and it'd be really nice to see some great nature as well. We'll probably spend like 2 weeks between the two, so plenty of room for day trips and all as well, which is the other thing I was asking about.

Sounds like you've had a blast big man.

Get any book on the attractions around Athens; The Acropolis, The Oracle at Delphi(3 hour bus ride but worth it) There are loads of museums... You will not be at a loss for historical interests...

I did my share of Sightseeing in istanbul but most of my time there was partying, Im sorry that I dont have much more to offer on that one...

• Members

oh i forgot-- i'd like to go back to trieste,italy because when i saw the city from the ship i was on - it looked huge- and also-- very OLD.
when we got into the city and started roaming about- the culture was really to my liking.
i remember we ate at this place-- very good pasta- best i've ever had- and the resturaunt was in a very old building and the tables were all oak and everything was huge-- and under the laquer on the tables were paintings- the one on our table was a painting of a woman sucking another womans toes.-- i have never seen anything like it again anywhere-- not even in chicago and i lived there for about 7 months or so and went out quite a bit.
in trieste we found a big -- what looked like a "town square"-- surrounded by big buildings --- and there were all these people there partying-- not "partying" like they do here in the states- there was just a guy with an acoustic guitar playing and people were singing along and everything- some people just had coolers full of beer. it was awesome.
maybe we stumbled upon some kind of "festival" or something--lol

• Members

Ive been to Isreal as well( I dated a HOT Isreali Stripper years ago) and went with her and wow, it was beautiful and I had a great time but It was a Mofo keeping up the fake "Im a non practicing Jew" Act....

i was shocked when i went there-- i was in the navy- and i paid for a "tour" of ancent isreal-- we went to bethlehem- to the wailing wall- to the crucifixion spot (that they have built a huge church around now)

but back in haifa-- i saw some of the most WICKED stip clubs i have EVER SEEN!!!! women whipping each other with bullwhips and crazy ass {censored}!

• Members

oh i forgot-- i'd like to go back to trieste,italy because when i saw the city from the ship i was on - it looked huge- and also-- very OLD.

when we got into the city and started roaming about- the culture was really to my liking.

i remember we ate at this place-- very good pasta- best i've ever had- and the resturaunt was in a very old building and the tables were all oak and everything was huge-- and under the laquer on the tables were paintings- the one on our table was a painting of a woman sucking another womans toes.-- i have never seen anything like it again anywhere-- not even in chicago and i lived there for about 7 months or so and went out quite a bit.

in trieste we found a big -- what looked like a "town square"-- surrounded by big buildings --- and there were all these people there partying-- not "partying" like they do here in the states- there was just a guy with an acoustic guitar playing and people were singing along and everything- some people just had coolers full of beer. it was awesome.

maybe we stumbled upon some kind of "festival" or something--lol

I cant deny my Love for Italy( its the country of my birth) And trieste is indeed beautiful...

Id say go to Rome Chris, theres a wealth of things to do that will satisfy your interests in History etc.. Its also and assload of fun...

you can also take a day trip just about anywhere; Bologna, Padova, Milano, turino, etc...

I love Italy..

• Members
Europe:
Norway
Sweden
Germany
GB
Netherlands
Belgium
Swiss
Italy
Austria
Chekoslovakia (then)
France
Spain

Africa (5 months backpacking):
Egypt
Sudan
Kenya
Tanzania
Malawi
Zambia
Zimbabwe
Botswana
+ family holiday in Tunisia

Asia
Thailand
Malaysia
Singapore
Indonesia
Sri Lanka
Does a 24 hour stopover in Karachi count? Then Pakistan too.

Americas
Peru

To me that is a lot of places, and you can't single one out that is "the best", because every place has its own magic going on - although quite a few european countries are not all that interesting because they are vey similar to each other - but you knew that already :D
I want to see more of latin america though...

• Members
{censored} that!!!! Isreal was nice but not that nice...

Besides , I dont think that I could fake being a Jew for that long....

:D I think it would be an interesting chance for introspection and reflection. But yeah, it'll probably never realize.

I've been learning lately that my spiritual beliefs are pretty close to Kabbalistic Judaism, so maybe I could fake it. :idea:

Archived