triple recto problems....hummmmm

mcarse81

• Members

Okay I have some pretty bad hum on my 2ch triple recto when put in the vintage and clean modes. Modern red is just fine. I replaced all of the preamp tubes and am STILL getting the hum. I dont think its the poweramp tubes because the modern red would especially be noisy.

Someone told me about having the same problems when one of the front knobs accidentally gets pushed in. Anyone heard of this or know of any other common problems with these before dishing out $$$ to ship this thing off to mesa from Alaska??

:confused::cry:

• Members

Hmm, maybe it's time for some new preamp tubes. Were the ones you previously tried new?

I am not getting any noise with nothing plugged in and it did go down a bit when I switched to my 7 string so I think in my case it might be my other guitars...partially anyway.

Are you using anything else or plugging straight into the amp?

• Members

I'd almost venture to say you've got a cap problem. If it doesn't show up in Modern mode, which has different caps switched in to the path then the other modes. Just a guess. But trying changing preamp tubes first

Sorry I forgot to mention I put in all new preamp tubes. Hmm caps? How much is that gonna run me? Actually when I have my podxt in the FX loop and my headphones plugged into the POD I dont hear any noise. So does that mean the noise is in my power amp section??

• Members

Hmm, maybe it's time for some new preamp tubes. Were the ones you previously tried new?

I am not getting any noise with nothing plugged in and it did go down a bit when I switched to my 7 string so I think in my case it might be my other guitars...partially anyway.

Are you using anything else or plugging straight into the amp?

Yeah I still hear the noise when plugging straight in with nothing in the loop. I actually sold the amp for $750 yesterday. Some local kids came by and tried it after I told them about all of the problems. They liked it anyway so they picked it up. I'd still like to help them fix it though.

Archived