Steves Special in a PRS Mccarty?

t-rave

• Members

I love the way Dimarzios handle high gain ..usually clear , precise and not muddy..

I am looking for a pickup that is pretty hot , but maintains the clarity of chords and lets the wood of the guitar shine through, and has tight bass..

The special seems to fit the bill..I really like the sound of full chords that you can hear even with alot of gain...

would this be a good mix?

• Members

I love the way Dimarzios handle high gain ..usually clear , precise and not muddy..

I am looking for a pickup that is pretty hot , but maintains the clarity of chords and lets the wood of the guitar shine through, and has tight bass..

The special seems to fit the bill..I really like the sound of full chords that you can hear even with alot of gain...

would this be a good mix?

I have yet to use one of those but a Duncan JB with a 250k pot sounds like what you are describing. It's my favorite passive pup I have used so far and I love it in my Custom 22.

• Members

I have the JB in alot of guitars..it's aweomse and If I had to settle on using only one bridge pickup for life ..that would be it..

but I am liking the overblown shredinness of the dimarzios theses days...I have them in my ernie balls and they really kick!

Archived