OT: Photo guys, took another trip to the zoo...

rememberduane

• Replies 52
  • Created
  • Last Reply
  • Members

i always find zoos so depressing...

those animals are ment to live on far more greater sizes of land than the zoo can provide.

everytime i've seen big cats, they are always pacing. you can tell they are restless.

Definitely agreed in principle, and I wish zoos had the land to provide enough room. The tigers definitely need more room, but the lions have tons, and do not seem restless at all.

In any case, I agree with you in principle, but many zoos today, including this zoo, they try to keep to species with endangered habitats and work towards breeding endangered animals -- thus they are helping conservation efforts. I think this endeavor to maintain species and help raise awareness of the beauty and glory of these animals, and the danger that they are in, far outweighs the sad but in my mind necessary problem of caging the animals.

• Members
I'm hoping sometime in the near future I can get a decent Digital SLR -- the quality would be exponentially better.
:D

Why would you think that? :confused:

You've got me considering maybe going to the zoo this weekend. I haven't been since I was a little kid and we supposedly have one of the best in the country...

• Members
Why would you think that?
:confused:

You've got me considering maybe going to the zoo this weekend. I haven't been since I was a little kid and we supposedly have one of the best in the country...

Because my photos get scanned by a crappy scanner at the developers, and are really only at like 3mp, whereas the pictures produced by the dSLR would be "naturally" digital at like 8mp. Not to mention the lenses I'm using right now are such {censored} that the kit lens that comes with a dSLR will be head and shoulders better than it.

You should go, I've heard the San Diego Zoo is incredible. :thu:

Take care man.

• Members
Because my photos get scanned by a crappy scanner at the developers, and are really only at like 3mp, whereas the pictures produced by the dSLR would be "naturally" digital at like 8mp. Not to mention the lenses I'm using right now are such {censored} that the kit lens that comes with a dSLR will be head and shoulders better than it.

You should go, I've heard the San Diego Zoo is incredible.
:thu:

Take care man.

Oh, you mean compared to the crappy scans, not the film camera itself. I'll buy that :thu:

Archived