Randall Help

fwaxestrat

• Members

I was wandering if anybody played a Randall Rh200es G2.I can get one for 150.Thinking of picking it up for a backup.Currently im running a Ampeg VL-1002 into and oversized Mesa cab with v30's into a Avatar 2x12 closed back with v30's.Its brutal as hell.Was wandering if the Randall is going to be Brutal enough for me.Then again 150 bux aint nothin.Wandering if they are reliable.

• Members

thats a pretty crappy deal. Give me the name and number of who is selling it so I can tell him off for trying to rip a fellow guitar player off.

{censored}ty deal? Really.Its at a locl pawn shop.Its in Pretty good Condition almst new conditin.Hmm.... I guess i will plug it in and see if its worth it.Thanks for the quick post tho guys

• Members

You can read the reviews: http://reviews.harmony-central.com/reviews/Guitar+Amp/product/Randall/RH200+Head/10/1

The reliability score seems fairly low, but you may want to read through a lot of these and find out in what way. Sometimes I've seen scores like all 1's given to an amp just because someone didn't like the sound, etc...

One major thing, though; I think that's still part of the series of amps that's had to find the footswitch for changing the channels with. It's not much of a problem if you don't care about footswitching between heavy and clean tones, but otherwise you'll have to wait to see one on ebay pop up intermittently.

• Members

You can read the reviews:

The reliability score seems fairly low, but you may want to read through a lot of these and find out in what way. Sometimes I've seen scores like all 1's given to an amp just because someone didn't like the sound, etc...

One major thing, though; I think that's still part of the series of amps that's had to find the footswitch for changing the channels with. It's not much of a problem if you don't care about footswitching between heavy and clean tones, but otherwise you'll have to wait to see one on ebay pop up intermittently.

When I was shopping around for mine I saw similar reviews mentioning the reliablity, but discovered they are actually referring to the RH200, not the RH200 G2. The original (RH/RG) models had serious overheating problems because the vent for the fan was obscured by a piece of wood. On the G2 and G3 models this has been fixed. I've been using mine (RG200 G2) for about 6 months at practice and gigs and had no problems.

• Members

When I was shopping around for mine I saw similar reviews mentioning the reliablity, but discovered they are actually referring to the RH200, not the RH200 G2. The original (RH/RG) models had serious overheating problems because the vent for the fan was obscured by a piece of wood. On the G2 and G3 models this has been fixed. I've been using mine (RG200 G2) for about 6 months at practice and gigs and had no problems.

Thats good to hear I was kind of worried about some of the issues.How do you like it by the way.Do run it straight or use a boost.

• Members

Thats good to hear I was kind of worried about some of the issues.How do you like it by the way.Do run it straight or use a boost.

I really like mine but it took me a while to get it dialed in right. It has an obscene amount of bass and the eq is very sensitive. I find with the treble over 5 that a lot of the mid goes away. I run it at practice with an eq of 4, 6, 4.5, gain on 6, mid voicing ON, preamp 10. Master volume in that situation is about 6.

I sometimes run it with an SD1 in front. Depends how I feel :)

• Members

I really like mine but it took me a while to get it dialed in right. It has an obscene amount of bass and the eq is very sensitive. I find with the treble over 5 that a lot of the mid goes away. I run it at practice with an eq of 4, 6, 4.5, gain on 6, mid voicing ON, preamp 10. Master volume in that situation is about 6.

I sometimes run it with an SD1 in front. Depends how I feel
:)

Cool man cant wait to try it.For the price I cant beat it.Thanks for the info BTW.

Archived