A new Splawn Model is in the works!!!

DerekB

• Replies 65
  • Created
  • Last Reply
  • Members
I think it wil be awesome too and the 1st 2 FF albums guitar sound are 2 of my favorite heavy tones ever recorded track. I also like the Brujeria album tones when he used his original Modded 800 that got ripped off as well.

Derek:cool:

Which Brujeria album did he use it on?

I like Brujerizmo where he used a Recto. Best sounding Recto ever :cool:

• Members

yeah, scott had told me about that...but I wonder if this is in place of the super stock, which is supposed to be a medium gain blues type of amp, or if he's working on both?

when does this man sleep? lol

knowing scott, he's probably working on both!

he told me the superstock is gonna be kinda like QR gear 1 but designed more for the use of THAT particular tone, with hopefully an even better clean

• Members

The more I think about this new amp, the more I`m excited about it. I like a lot of pre-amp saturation and that`s the only reason I havn`t tried one of Scott`s amps already. This sounds like it will be a killer design addition for Splawn. If it sounds like the early FF tone that would be awesome. That tone is one of the best ever put down IMO.

Derek, would you let Scott know that some of the older players may not like the cosmetics if they are too over-blown. Will he give the common cosmetic options or will it be full blown "metal" in looks? I`m not sure I would like an amp if it had barbed wire all over it. I know I don`t speak for everyone, but a lot of players think the Boogie Recto series is too flashy. I guess all the old timers are to conservative, LOL. That sounds crazy coming from me.

Eric

• Members

i'm just guessing he'll probably offer cosmetic options for people who want them, maybe i'm wrong tho

He probably will, since he does it with all the rest of his models. It may not be a big deal though. If it`s done tastefully it could look mean instead of gimicky. We`ll just have to wait and see.

If it sounds awesome it won`t matter anyway. I think a lot of players who like a lot of pre-amp saturation have been waiting for Scott to do something like this. I think it will be a huge seller.

Eric

• Members

He probably will, since he does it with all the rest of his models. It may not be a big deal though. If it`s done tastefully it could look mean instead of gimicky. We`ll just have to wait and see.

If it sounds awesome it won`t matter anyway. I think a lot of players who like a lot of pre-amp saturation have been waiting for Scott to do something like this. I think it will be a huge seller.

Eric

yeah, i've seen them take a lot of ideas that sounded cheezey on paper and make them work...so who knows

the amp sounds very interesting indeed, even tho i love the quickrod tone personally...i'm heading up there here soon to get some cab work done, maybe he has a prototype lying about :D

• Members

It will have the same layout as the Pro/Quick Rods but will have a metal voicing a bit more modern sounding but still 800 ish and Scott is using Fear Factory "Demanufacture"(In particular Track7) and "Soul Of A New Machine" as a guide to the sound he's shooting for. Also the head shell is going to be alot more aggressive looking and will incorporate Barbed Wire. He told me the Head shell is already done and looks fantastic but hes still tweaking the circuit which is taking forever cause he's just so busy. I'm geting the proto sent to me ASAP for testing and I just cant wait to hear this thing!

Derek

what do you think Scott will price this amp at Derek

Archived