OT: Naming a cat after a synthesizer

Rooftree

• Replies 76
  • Created
  • Last Reply
  • Members

Great ideas so far!

Bernard's mention of the VCS3 gave me another idea: Putney.

The cat is a she, and she has a mottled coloring: orange, black and white. Half of her face is black and the other side is a mixture of white and orange. And she's a bit chubby. So an oddball name like Putney or Fizmo would be fitting.

I really love the idea of Octave, but I can't see myself calling her that for the next 15 years. But Octavia has a nice ring to it.

So my short list currently has two pretty names (Octavia, Solina) and two funky names (Fizmo, Putney). But who says I need to pick only one name?

My wife gave one of her cats the following name:
Leon Alexander Xavier Tiberius Luigi Sasparilla Smithkenstein

If your ideas are too good to narrow down to a single choice, I'll have to go with a compound name.

Keep em coming . . .

• Members

We are forgetting the most important dynamics when naming a cat, and that is it's personality. You can't just name a cat any name or if it doesn't like it, it will never pay attention to you. Wait until you see it's behavior and personality and THEN connect it with the suggestions here.
Fizmo, as suggested here is also a good cat name.:thu:

• Members

"Waldorf" for a fat orange tom cat - or just about any fat tom cat.

"Fantom" for a black cat of either sex.

"Virus" for an annoying cat or a cat that vomits a lot.

"Neptune" for a spaced out cat

"Snow" for a white cat"

"Roland" works pretty well as a tom cat name.

"Motif" is not bad for a cat of either sex

Edit - and a name after my favorite synth that also sounds like a Star Trek rip-off:

"Q"

• Members

"Patches", plural of "patch", since she's a lil fat.

:)

It's funny you should say that. That's her current name! Seriously.

I don't really like the name "Patches" (makes me think of clowns and piles of dirty socks) and I thought it would be clever to rename her something synth related. Now that you've connected her current name with a synth my plans are in danger of being foiled. Drats!!!! If my wife ends up reading this thread I'll be busted and will be forced to keep her synth-related name as it is today.

Oh, such a dilemma.

Archived